September

September

Thursday, May 4, 2017

What I have discovered...


internet
About myself and the world when I am sick. I can easily sleep 16 hours and still take a big nap in the middle of the day. Washing my hair is definitely not a priority. My Hubby actually can learn how to cook some simple dishes. And for some reason, soft boiled eggs are my go to food. Really? I am drawn to all the passages in old novels where the heroines are at deaths door (Marianne, Jane Eyre, Harriet Smith) and they toss and turn and people keep taking their pulses and shaking their heads. And the only thing I want to watch are documentaries on the Bronte sisters (who died young and of tuberculosis) What the hell is wrong with me?...LOL Anyway, that is all over with, and I am now back to watching golf and NOT eating eggs of any sort.



Well, Sunday the 30th, we celebrated Easter. Only a few weeks late. Our oldest girl returned home after 2 and 1/2 months on the road. Baskets were exchanged and candy and special deli sandwiches were eaten. So wonderful to just watch her lovely face as she told us her many stories. This one especially. She found this cat wandering around a truck stop in Austin, Texas. She connected with a No-Kill shelter and the cat is now safe and sound and hopefully it will be adopted. :) That does my heart good.


Today the thermometer reached the high of 80 degrees! Our first real day of Spring. It has been really rainy which I don't mind so much when I am languishing on the couch, but when it is time to work outside and enjoy the first few flowers, I want some sun and some heat. Off I go, I am finding it very hard to stay inside today. :) Always, Kit
















9 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better, Kit. Your symptoms sound like mine when I was in the worst part of the virus I have. What was wrong?

    Sounds like you had the best Easter, albeit a little late. Your daughter being home was perfect!

    Enjoy your warm weather. 50's here. Ugh!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Kit. What a wonderful girl your daughter is, to think of that abandoned kitty. Of course she is wonderful! She has you for her Mama! Hope you are feeling MUCH BETTER. You did, however, push the rain to western Massachusetts. We are waterlogged today. ha ha Thanks for your visits. Always love them. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! How hard to be so sick this time of year! I'm glad you are on the mend, Kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed you! I m so sorry you were sick, good that you re on your way to being better now.

    Darling baskets for Easter, and sweetest kitty. How kind to save her.

    Take things low, enjoy your spring.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha-ha! Well, I'm glad you are feeling better. I've got minor cold symptoms right now thanks to hubby who did not listen when I said "keep your germs to yourself". :/ The worst part is the nagging scratchy burning throat that keeps me up at night. I walked several days in the dust prior so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it, too. I don't normally catch many bugs. Anywhos, much thanks to your kind daughter for helping that kitty. He definitely looks like a sweet one. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I'm glad you feel better and the weather cooperated just in time, too! Mostly when I don't feel well I don't want to eat at all. If Terry has to cook, it's pretty much grilled cheese.

    I sure hope you have a nice weekend. Our temps are about 15 degrees cooler than normal. Ack!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just relocated from Ohio to Montana on May 3,and we have been told we brought the sun with us! It has been lovely weather since we arrived - dry during the day and very temperate. Hope you have been able to get out into your garden and that you are fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you were sick and hope you're much better now. I should have written. I had a feeling when I didn't see your post when I thought I should. Glad your daughter has a soft heart, that's a beautiful cat. Take care Kit and have a good spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog post so much - it made me laugh, because you sound like me!! except I go for soft scrambled eggs or oatmeal when I'm sick. What do you suppose is up with the egg thing??? thanks for stopping by to visit my blog as it led me to yours and I have really enjoyed reading it :-)

    ReplyDelete