September

September

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

So many good things wrapped up into one little weekend. First and foremost, a shout out and a huge THANK YOU to all the folks who have given their lives to keep the world free. We really do appreciate all that you have done. And to family and friends that have passed on, we love and miss you.

 


Next up today, is the Indianapolis 500 race. A tradition in this family, to watch from start to finish, with lots of cheering and screaming and the use of a few choice swear words. I just love it! From Jim Nabors singing Back Home in Indiana, to "Gentleman start your engines", I am enthralled and entertained. Not sure who I am cheering for, there are so many great drivers. But Andretti has always been a favorite racing family of mine. 



And finally tomorrow, this lady is having her 59th birthday. Another year, another gray hair, but I am loving it. As the song goes, "I'm still here!".  That means alot. My girls are planning a party for me, I am very curious what my theme is and can't wait to have us all together again. It should be wonderful! Always, Kit



3 comments:

  1. Oh happy birthday - I just know your girls will organise a fun time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you had a wonderful weekend and a belated Happy Birthday to you. I'm sure it was a great one. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday wishes to you!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete