September

September

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Western Montana Fair and Rodeo



You would never know that I am a born and bred Easterner, when fair week rolls around. Boy do I love the cowboys, horses, bulls, roping and riding and the sound of Giddy-up and Whoa. Every year we head to the fair and revel in the crowds, the food, and the excitement of real cowboys trying not to get bucked off their horses. Such fun! And as I sit in the stands, and gaze about the hillside in front of me, bright yellow in the setting sun, dust kicking up from the young steers and hear folks laughing from the antics of the rodeo clown, I am so very lucky to live here in this wonderful state we call Montana. Always, Kit




9 comments:

  1. You DO live in a beautiful state, Kit! When we moved from Washington to Colorado, I loved driving through the Montana mountains. I found them so alive. I hope you'll take pictures of your decorated space at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! You us transplants always love to brag about our new states!!! Love all the yellow in your header! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this looks like fun, Kit! Is this fair in place of the State Fair? I'm just wondering since Montana is such a big state, this would make it easier to travel to. And I think it would be so great to see cowboys and all the things the West is known for as opposed to the zillions of 4H animals I see at our fairs! lol!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kit, you may be a native easterner but there's a cowgirl in your heart! I used to enjoy the rodeo in Arizona, too.

    Now they are just memories. No rodeos in Massachusetts. ha! But there are other things here I love.

    Take care and thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening, Kit,
    Love fair time here in South Dakota. Can't believe the summer is coming to an end.

    Do you have your football tickets?


    Take care ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! Yeeeee Haaaaaa. Soak it all in and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Montana is what drew me "up North" from Arizona 20 years ago. Arizona is what drew me "out West" from Pennsylvania 43 years ago. Retiring here in N.Idaho, but still love to visit Libby, Kalispell and Whitefish (Big)Mountain regularly. We transplanted Easterners really appreciate the big sky and cowboy lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete