September

September

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Sound of Spring!

It happened today! I have been waiting for it for days, knew it could happen anytime. I was chatting with the hubby, all of a sudden I put up my hand to shush him, we listened and distinctly heard ~ the song of the Robin! We sprinted outside and to the East of us was a tree full of robins. They were having a merry time and from what I could pick up, they had had a very lovely, but tiring journey to Montana and asked if they could eat the berries off my Privet Hedge. I of course, said yes.  :)
 Always, Kit

(Andrea Gabriel)

8 comments:

  1. You are so generous! I saw a couple of robins recently, and was thrilled. They mostly sing to me in the mornings of God's constancy, and I don't know just what they get from my yard. That is a lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! No robins here but w/ my binoculars I believe I saw the first oystercatchers arrive today! I was, like you , thrilled.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that spring has come to your area Kit. May you immensely enjoy getting outside in your gardens, setting up all your pretty decorations too.

    Hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We've jumped right into summer with temps already around 90. The a/c is running all the time. Have a great weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for robins! So glad spring is coming to your area. That's a beautiful painting you have on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. robin stories everywhere...sigh...how I miss robins. I have seen only 3 strays here in over 35 years...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Robins! So glad they showed up to wish you a happy spring! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joyful sound to hear the robins the first time in the spring. Here in Montana and Wyoming it's an especially wonderful sound. Glad you had time to appreciate them. Diane

    ReplyDelete