September

September

Saturday, October 8, 2011

What I am Loving Right Now!

Feeling so great today! Cool and partly sunny, my yard is a riot of color and texture. And my home is decorated for Halloween. I love the colors of Autumn; browns, golds, orange and throw in some black and white checkerboard for good measure! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! What are you in love with? Always, Kit

1. A whole Saturday to work on all those piddly, nagging things that just keep getting put off until the list in my mind is overwhelming. I only have a couple more to do today and I am FREE!

2. Redecorating the house for Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. I have always wondered why I never really get in to decorating for Easter. I just am not a pastel person. Give me vibrant color any day. I love pulling out all my old and favorite decorations and then I go outside and look in at night and the place is just glowing. Gives me the coziest feeling.

3. The smell of woodsmoke in the air. Smells like camping.

4. Having my youngest visit me at work (yesterday) and give me the biggest hug, right there in front of all the students. Everyone was smiling. :)

5. Knowing that the medicine that we have been giving our old cat is working. He has more of a spring to his step and has been dragging his toys out of his basket and playing. Poor old boy, it is hard to have an arthritic hip.

6. Lastly, today is a Griz football game but they are away, and so, I will watch "my boys" in the comfort of my pretty living room, while eating my favorite Asian food for dinner. I am all excited just thinking about it....LOL




Linking to Mosaic Monday at the Little Red House!

16 comments:

  1. Dear Kit ~ Autumn is a favorite season of mine. We don't see much of a change in seasons down here, but thoughts of autumn are in my mind. I love the smell of woodsmoke.

    Have a wonderful autumn.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kit, oooh, I love so many of the same things you do, I am happy to hear Halloween is your favorite holiday too!!! Your header is adorable!... infact, your whole blog is!... so glad to hear your kitty is doing better... kitty kisses sweet little one... your decorations all look so cute, I would love to be outside your home, looking in with delight, and loving the woodsmoke that fills the air... your posts always make me smile... thank you for being such a wonderful blogger friend!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Kit, always great to look for the good/great in your life. I love your kitty. My Maxie looked somewhat like him - we had her for 22 years. He looks good, glad the meds are working. Glad you're having a good weekend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had asian food on Saturday too! I ordered take-out from Hong Kong Chef and tried some new things - and I really liked it! Where did you eat? Food is very important. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wish we were having Asian food for dinner! Lots of good things here along with a lovely mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list of things you are loving right now! The mosaic is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fall mosaic. Fall is my favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully fun mosaic. Autumn is my favorite season. We have had such glorious weather here that it would sate forever. But life is a journey and even though we might suspect what might be around the bend, it's often a surprise. Have a grand day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lovely weekend for you and the family. I love the fall colors and the cute decorations. The asian food sounds good, maybe I will get some for dinner tonight. Wonderful photos and mosaics, I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful colors! I am so with you on #2. Last night I took a picture looking into my breakfast nook. (If you have time, check it out.) I'm now wondering after your comment what sort of project it would be to photograph your home from outside through the windows. Hmmm... What do you think? A window into our own world.. for us!
    Enjoy your week!
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful mosaic about all your favorite things over the weekend. I love fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you all had fun. And yes I agree our weather temperature this past few days is awesome. Everyone should enjoy the sunny day before it last. ^_^

    Fall Colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fall is wonderful and I agree about your favorite things...enjoy!!1
    Have a beautiful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kit, Autumn and spring are my favorite seasons. While living in FL these have been blurred somewhat over the years, but I still retain my memories of those crisp fall days with the smell of fires and dampness in the air. Once in awhile I get a whiff of it here.

    So glad your kitty is feeling ok.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mosaic is just perfect for celebrating fall and Halloween, Kit - I can almost smell the wood fire - I love fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're so cute! I love your list of things. Especially me visiting you at work! :) He he. Keep enjoying the season!

    ReplyDelete