November

November
(internet)

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party!

Oh my! What an incredible time my youngest and I had. I have to warn you, this will be a photo heavy post. From the get go, we were in party mode and doing all we could in the time we had. Kinda how I live my life....lol Yes, we got tired, true my legs could not take another step on day 5, but who cared, we were in Disneyland! 


Even on the plane, we were ready for some fun. We had our cheese snacks and exchanged gifts and my daughter even brought, soft and fluffy mouse ears to wear. They were so comfortable, I even forgot we had them on as we headed through the airport....lol We were taken to the Candy Cane Inn, a cute and family owned hotel right on Disney property. I just loved all their flowers! My daughter put a note and little toy on my bed each night, what a clever surprise and so appreciated. 


First day dawned lovely and today we were going to be dressing up as Peter Pan and Wendy. It is called Disneybounding, and you can dress up, as long as you do not look exactly like the character. I didn't think I would have any problem being confused with a 15 year old boy. :) We were so impressed with the decor in Disney. Lots of pumpkins and bunting and everything was dressed in orange, of course! We ran into the real Peter Pan and we were tickled. 


The Haunted Mansion was spectacular. That must have taken a long time to set up and the ride so different and a lot of fun. We had to get two Fast Passes to it since the line was soooooo long. All the windows along Main Street had the most unusual and gorgeous Halloween displays. I would have loved to buy quite a few items had they been for sale. Also being celebrated in the parks was Dia de los Muertos, or the Day of the Dead. In California Adventure we were able to take in a live show based on the new movie, Coco. It was wonderful! 



But even though it was Halloween in the parks, we did the regular stuff too. Rode the Grizzly Water ride (reminds us of home), caught the parade, played Astro Blasters (Em beat me this time!), and sat in a teacup with a huge heart on the side in Fantasyland. Of course we had to do the Peter Pan ride, as Peter Pan. A lot of folks got a kick out of that. Em rode the raft to Tom Sawyers Island and we ate sugary beignets in New Orleans Square. 



With dusk coming on, we had to run over to Cars Land which had a wonderful Halloween "overlay". Lots of clever displays and the neon is so lovely. We rode the Racers, which is a blast and in the line I met a young disabled man who kept pointing to my hat and grinning. His Mom said, "He loves your ride! It is his favorite." I guess I can be confused with Peter Pan. :) 



Day two! Really, has it only been two days? My legs were saying no....lol Youngest was the Queen from Alice in Wonderland and I was Adventureland. Though that was a bit obscure, so I referred to myself as Beige Lady. We wandered the parks catching the rides we had missed and spending a lot of time sipping iced coffee and seeking air conditioning. It seems Cally, was having a heat wave. 92 degrees in the shade. Oy! Dole whip helped a lot, as did riding the train and taking a turn through Small World. I hadn't ridden that ride since 1995. And now I remember why.....lol 


We took the hot weather as a sign that it was time to shop and eat special treats. I couldn't believe that they even took the special holiday decor to the inside of the stores. I want that chandelier! Look at those caramel apples. $11.00  a pop! They were so pretty, but there was no way I could damage one by eating it. So I bought the coolest container that looks like Snow White's poison apple and it came with grapes. A much healthier option. Em found a lovely dress in New Orleans Square and I found my new popcorn container, Mickey Mouse as a pumpkin. Perfect!



Party Day had arrived! But we couldn't go to the parks until 4pm. So we did the next best thing and went to Downtown Disney for some lunch and shopping. There again, they we all decorated up with pumpkins and it was so pretty. Found a lovely Mexican restaurant for some table side, freshly prepared guacamole which was delich and an apple tart. Apple tart? It went with the Fall theme. Back to rest up and then get dressed. My lovely girl decided to go as Katrina Van Tassel of Sleepy Hallow fame. The Disney version (the best version). And I was Ellie from Up as a child. I love Ellie! And everyone loved our costumes. And there were tons of costumes! 



Once the party started, we had such fun! We ran over to Calif Adventure to the Headless Horseman statue to get a bunch of photos taken of my lovely girl. Once folks realized who she was, they started snapping pics of her. :) Disney had these great Trick or Treat venues in all the lands. And we hit each and every one of them. The staff were eager to give you all that you wanted (Cheez Its, candy, apple slices, pretzels, popcorn, and more candy) The atmosphere in the park was dark and spooky and gorgeous! We rode some rides with literally the smallest lines I have ever seen, visited a dance party, and were wowed by the firework display. And to top off the evening we found a perfect spot for the parade and who comes down the street but Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman and when he saw my Katrina they had a moment of kiss throwing and waving. The crowd loved it! They should invite her back for a repeat performance don't ya think?



But all things must come to an end. We boarded the plane very tired, but very happy and thought back on special treats, Cadaver Dan's singing to us, gorgeous decorations, lots of fun and the most wonderful time a Mom could have with her daughter. We were sad, but I had a Mickey Mouse pumpkin waiting for me at home and joining it would be two huge bags of treats and lots and lots of great memories. :) Always, Kit

I am linking up with Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh KK ~ What another delightful time you and your daughter had together. I love that last photo of you two together. You look so relaxed and happy after some fun filled days.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely stupendous. Happy for you : D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Everything sounds so fun! You guys really know how to ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kit, what a great experience. So happy you got to go with your daughter and have a blast from the minute you arrived til when you left. Great photos, too. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing. ALso, I want to thank you for visits to my blog. Love when you stop by. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time you both had sharing some wonderful experiences and having lots of fun! We were in WDW Florida in July with my sister, BIL & their 3 grown up kids and loved it. Now me, my sister & her DIL want to go back and do just what you & your daughter did but it's so far, far away I don't suppose we ever will.
    Thanks for sharing the fun with us at MM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are tired! I'm so glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I am tired just from reading the post! What a wonderful trip - I was thinking about you and hoping it would be all you dreamed! I am always impressed by the Disney Parks - they think of everything and execute flawlessly. Memories to be treasured for a lifetime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time you had with your daughter. I'm sure you relive the moments over and over and they still make you smile and feel good inside. Loved your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kit,

    Firstly, I love your new autumn banner!

    You and your daughter, clearly, had the most fun time together in Disneyland, as the pics prove! Great photos of all the different adventures you experienced!

    Happy Fall,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete