November

November
(internet)

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Back to Regular Life

Fall has arrived here in the mountains and it is a beaut! Such color, and I am enjoying each of my trees as they each have their day in the sun. The Ginnala's are done, as is my Autumn Splendor Maple. My Transparent Apple is dropping it's leaves quickly but leaving me with my Mackintosh and my Red Maple to gaze at. The Rugosa Rose is a bright yellow and the Dogwood a pinky/yellow color. I am glad that I had the forethought to plant so many interesting plants. Below is the view I have from my place in the living room, I think the balloons add a special touch to the scene. :)


We celebrated hubby's birthday just last night (hence the balloons), even though the real day is the 17th. Youngest girl was on a business trip to Albuquerque so we rescheduled. It was nice to all get together in these busy times. His theme this year was Bats and Ghosts! He loves a Halloween theme the best. And I gave him a new inflatable for the yard on Halloween night. A Witch stirring her kettle and a little Ghost helping her. He loved it!


Last week we celebrated Homecoming at our University and it was a lot of fun, but very cold. We only lasted at the parade and hour and 1/2 and I called Uncle. But I got to see the important things. The bands (The Red Wave is my all time favorite, consisting of middle schoolers and both my girls used to be in it), the Foresters (oldest girl is a Wildlife Biologist) and two friends who march in the Alumni Band. We attended the game and we gained a win, and I a sore throat. I just yell way too loud....lol But how could I not? I love my Grizzly's.



So now we are just getting ready for Halloween. A big holiday in our family. We all love to create costumes, dress up and we enjoy the Trick or Treaters. I have my home all decorated inside and out and since these are my most favorite colors, I love it. I have always had a problem with Easter, not on my color wheel....lol I am just not a pastel girl. Give me bold color! Until next week. Always, Kit


6 comments:

  1. Is the undecorating hard for you? I can't help but think about it. Your house looks cute, so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another happy post from you!

    Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit - first of all, I love your Autumn header and sidebars. I haven't gotten ambitious enough yet to ever change the format for my blog! I am jealous that you saw marching bands in your Homecoming parade .... none of the high schools up here seem to have them and we really miss it since our son was in the marching band all four years of high school. I have already told my hubby that we will make a trip to Missoula for the Parade and a Grizz game in the years to come. Happy Birthday to your hubby! As always, you guys blew the socks off the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never have enough decorations for Halloween. It's so hard for me to put them away. I confess, I leave a couple of day of the dead figurines WAY past the new year. They give me joy.

    We are having a very yellow then brown then fall Autumn in Northern Indiana. We had a dry summer and our colors just couldn't whip it up. It's sad because if it has to be cool, then it should at least be pretty. The calendar reminds me that in just one month the trees will be bare except for a few hanging on Oak leaves.

    Happy belated birthday to your husband. Mine was the 14th.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is a beautiful fall. The colors have just outdone themselves. Have you been having the wind there? The way the wind has been blowing here the leaves are disappearing. I think it's blowing in winter. Have a happy week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always such fun times in your corner of the world. I do miss the sights, smells and feel of Autumn. Belated birthday wishes to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete