August

August

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Goings On

Whew! May has been a busy month. It seemed like each week brought something new to do or plan. Right after my oldest's birthday, she had long awaited and much wanted surgery on her back. She had a problem with a joint in her hip and it needed to be fused. She came thru it wonderfully and is healing nicely. She has about a 6 week recoup time, and we are all spoiling her completely. I head to her house a couple times a week and we do the required walking. Good for both of us and we can catch up on some great chatting. :)


I celebrated my 62nd birthday with a Pusheen theme. Do you know Pusheen? I just love the little stickers that I can add to my Messenger messages to my girls. Both my youngest and I have a Pusheen look-alike cat, so that is probably why I am a big fan. We had a blast, of course! And the gourmet cupcakes (made by Renee's Cupcake Obsession) were awesome!


My Grand Kitty Bear! My very own Pusheen!

Me and my party planner.




Off to the tattoo parlor I went......... to advise and give moral support to my youngest. She was getting a new tattoo to honor her sister. They both have this thing where they see letters and numbers as colors (it is called Synesthesia, google it). So she had my oldest's name tattooed on her arm in a color block. It came out pretty cool and her sister was so touched. It was a nice birthday present.


I was one lucky camper when I got 5 days off to celebrate Memorial Day. I didn't camp, though for once the weather in Montana would have been great for it but I did spend a lot of time outside working in my gardens. Headed to the St. Regis Flea Market and found a couple of treasures. A new metal toy truck and a vintage Christmas tree stand (I use them to hold up my garden bowling ball collection....LOL) Lawn Marbles! Watched the Indy 500, a favorite race of mine. I love everything about it and was thrilled for Takuma Sato! Finally he got the big Indy win. 

So there you have it. Now I am entering my last week of school and the closing down of the kitchen. We had graduation at Willard last Thursday and it is always so bittersweet to see them all go. I miss them so much, but am excited for their futures. Well, my yard will never get trimmed if I keep typing. Bye. Always, Kit

8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Belated birthday wishes. I learned two new things today: Pusheen and Synesthesia. Never heard of either so did a quick search. Glad to hear your daughter is recovering nicely from surgery. Congrats on your last week of school.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear KK ~ Belated Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had another great celebration.

I wish your oldest a speedy & complete recovery.

Happy Summer ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad your daughter is okay!
Happy birthday! Show us pics of the bowling balls?

Liz D said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun and busy month of May!

I d like to see the garden ''bowling balls"???

In the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci, the hero has synesthesia, if of interest to you and your daughters, might be fun to read about a fictional character with the unusual--talent?

love


lizzy

Diane said...

Your grand kitty does not seem particularly impressed with his part. Thanks for bringing us up to date with your busy life. Diane

Poppy said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Those cupcakes are almost too cute to eat!

Wishing you oldest a speedy recovery!

Have a wonderful week!

Poppy

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It sounds like you had a great May! Happy belated birthday. Your very own Pusheen is very pretty and fluffy! We raised my oldest grandson. His very first tattoo was a portrait of Terry and I on his chest. It really is a HUGE honor to have a loved one get ink in your honor. He played around doing tattoo art himself. I let him put his first tattoo on my hand...My nickname for Terry in cursive on my hand near my thumb. I always laugh when someone asks me whose name that is and I answer "the love of my life". Glad you have had some good weather.
xx, CArol

Angie said...

Kit - belated happy birthday! How did you get Grand Kitty to sit still with the hat and bow? If I tried that with my furbabies, I would get a hiss and scratch for a reward! Looks like the weather in Montana is continuing a favorable trend, so enjoy!