June

June

Friday, June 16, 2017

First Week Off

Ahhh, what can I tell you. It has been so delightful. Here I sit on a Friday, sipping my second cup of coffee at 10:51 no less. No hurry. I am at my leisure. And I like it. I have kept myself busy and mainly employed with getting my flowers potted up for the backyard and patio. I try and pick a day when it is cool but sunny and when I have the place all to myself. I pop in my favorite "potting up flowers CD" (a great bunch of tunes from the The Explorers Club) and as the music fills my backyard, I start creating.


I try and keep my pots all cohesive and matching.  I like symmetry. All my containers are terracotta color and I find that keeps from detracting from the flowers. I found all the pinks and yellows that I wanted, tho I had to dig through some very large marigolds to find my short ones and it was worth the wet and muddy belly...lol I like how they came out. I will take more pics when they have filled out more and are in their places around the yard.



On the kitchen redo. I am pretty much finished and so pleased to see my vision come out how I imagined. You know, sometimes these things do not work out the way we want them too...lol We did have a slight problem with the door overlays. The plastic was heavy enough to bow out from gravity so hubby came to the rescue and we just had to add more support plugs to the fronts.Ta da! I like the cleaner look and I still have my beloved Rooster and Roses taking center stage.


After and Before!



Well, that is it for now. I am off for a walking date with my oldest and later it is back outside to do some weeding. I need to take advantage of this rainy cool day. Later. Always, Kit



5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your freedom! I LOVE lounging around in the morning because I well remember what it is like to rush out the door and go, go, go all day long!
Your kitchen looks great, Kit!
Happy summer!

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Enjoy every gorgeous moment! We have to treasure the joy wherever we find it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What you said about the first week off is how I am enjoying retirement!! Your kitchen looks great! So clean and up to date. My daughter collects Campbell's Soup items and has always had a red kitchen. She switched that up in her new house with about the same shade of green on her walls and it looks great. I didn't think I'd like it. She always knows better. She should have been an interior designer.
xx, Carol

Starr White said...

your kitchen looks so cool and calm and welcoming....love the roosters! I recently potted up all of my cacti and succulents into matching terra-cotta pots and they look so much better!! just can't beat good old terra cotta

Angie said...

Kit - so pleased you are happy with your kitchen! It is amazing how much difference a simple color change can make. I like the new green very much. Well done! Enjoy the rest of your Montana week!