April

April
(internet)

Sunday, February 26, 2017

I'm being lazy

And it feels good. I have had 3 days off and I can't really say I have filled it with important and must-dos. I CAN say, that I have watched a heck of a lot of movies (in honor of the Oscars which I adore) and I am glad I did just that. The Philadelphia Story, Boy's Town, Now Voyager, Rear Window. All brilliant and all worth my time. Add my iced tea, some popcorn and my theater box of Rasinettes and it was perfect. So of course I will watch the Oscars tonight and if I lived in LA, you can bet I would try and be one of the lucky ones who will get to watch the stars come out. :)

The Dancing with the Stars event went wonderfully! My girl danced brilliantly and beautifully and everyone loved her. It was a fun evening for the whole family and I am glad she involved us. I am coming late to being a "Dance Mom" but that is okay with me. Better late then never. A snap of her all done up and looking lovely and ready to dance! Sorry the other pics are a bit blurry and drab but they were taken off the website. It was pretty dark in the theater so I couldn't really take my own.




So that you can see what her dress looked like in real life. It was sooooo pretty! I loved the colors and she shimmered all over the stage. Oh by the way, this wasn't really a "dance" contest but a fundraiser contest, so my daughter did not win. She was up against a doctor and car salesman so they had the most money. But of course in my heart, she was the best up there!


I am off and running. Time to get out of the PJ's and head to the basement. Laundry. How can two people create so much laundry?...LOL  Always, Kit

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, your daughter looks fabulous! Her dress was gorgeous, I love those colors.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Liz D said...

Your daughter is so beautiful! Love her dress...and what a fun ''competition"/ fund raiser. Love that you re now a Dance Mom.
No entire week off? Presidents week? Too bad.

Pom Pom said...

How fun! She looks so glamorous! Yay for three days off!

Susan said...

Oh Kit, your daughter looks sooooo stunning. I just LOVE her lipstick, especially. How does she ever get it on so perfectly? Bet that whole gig was fun, fun, fun.

Iam going to write down those movies you mentioned and see if I can get them on Netflix. I'm always in the market for movie suggestions. Watched one last night with Richard Gere, who played a homeless man, but I didn't like it at all.

Hope you have a terrific new week! Susan

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What great fun for your daughter!! She looked great in the pics. Even though she didn't raise the most money, she sure contributed to a great evening.

I had to laugh when you mentioned the laundry. My 21 year old grandson has lived with us most of his life. When I retired, I told him that I would do his laundry since I had plenty of time (he still does part of it). Anyway, since I am recovering from foot surgery and mostly can only sit, he has been doing his entire laundry again. He mentioned yesterday how much he appreciates me. He didn't realize that he has THAT much laundry.

Watched that darned Oscar show. Who would have thought they would EVER have a mess up like that!
xx, Carol