June

June

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Yikes! It's cold out there!

I am happily holed up in my toasty house with fireplace and furnace going full tilt. But last week that was not the story. With the holidays over, I had to return to work and it was not a treat to step out into -10 degrees with a -17 wind chill. I really envied my hubby on those days. And I really really wanted a snow day! But no luck, because you know why? We are Montanans, that is why. We are made of harder stuff, we have back bone, we have Jeeps, and parkas and all that winter stuff, yeah, yeah, yeah, but still, I wanted a snow day. :( I had to laugh, I am known for always wearing shorts all year through at work. If Kit is wearing shorts it can't be too bad the kids say. Well, last week, I wore pants. I think that is why attendance was down, they took one look at me, and knew it was bad out there....lol

internet
So today I will make a big pot of Bean Soup and some Pumpkin Pie. And watch the playoffs. I have to absorb all the football I can before it is all over for the year. I also have to organize and put away all my Christmas decor. I take it all down to the rec room and then spend a day culling out pieces and boxing up the keepers. Upstairs the house is dressed in all it's browns, and blues, so calm and peaceful. But downstairs it looks like a department store in the throes of Christmas clearance!

Oh, guess what? I got myself another Blow Mold Santa! And I didn't need to spend a dime. Hubby and I were headed out to run some errands the day before New Year's Eve. He was just listening to a message on his phone, when he pointed to a Santa standing next to a garbage can. I made a quick turn and he ran out to fetch it amongst tons of mid day traffic, climbing over snow berms and dodging cars. I swung about and stopped traffic as I picked him up and headed down the street. His phone rang and his friend said, "I just saw two crazy people running about with a Santa and causing grid lock on Russell Street!" Turns out the phone call was from the same person who messaged hubby in the first place to tell him about the Santa. So we scored a good condition Santa for next's year display.  Talk about being thrilled! And Santa has a new home.


Well, off I go. Time to get crackin'. Hubby just said it is now 1 degree! Yippee! Always, Kit

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Ha! Shorts every day!
Yay for the Santa score, Kit!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Brrrrr. I loved the story about two crazy people causing a traffic jam as they rescued a Santa from going to the landfill. :-)

Happy January ~ FlowerLady

Liz D said...

Hi! We re having a snow day! I too often wear shorts all winter, but in honor of today's snow I switched to capris. Mo had to be dressed in his parka and bobble hat, musher wax on his paws. I didn t expect snow, was caught unprepared. How I wish I had a pot of chili going, oatmeal cookies in the over. Gonna be cold tonight here---but not Montana cold.
PS your Santa is wonderful, what a cute face, what a great curbside find!

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha-ha! Good to know your friends have your back. Why would someone throw out a perfectly good Santa? I'm not a cold weather person at all so would not do well in your climate. One of the guys at the garden went to college in Montana. He was talking to my Colorado boy last night who leaves in two days to head back to Colorado. He's hoping the snow will clear enough for him to drive the 4 hours back to where he lives from Denver. I hope so, too. If not, he said he's taking the bus. :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I wear shorts and flip flops as long as I possibly can. I think 40 degrees is about my limit before I switch to Jeans and Flip Flops. When the temps fell to single digits I switched flip flops to socks and moccasins. Happy that you saved that Santa from the landfill!! I really like the house after the Christmas stuff is put away. We are cosy as we watch the snow fly and the birds at the feeders. I fill those feeders even when the wind chill is -17. How come my husband thinks I am nuts?
xx, Carol

Diane said...

Congratulations on your new/old Santa. Yes. It's been cold. Today it's 20 above so I'll take it. Diane

Hunter said...

I'm visiting from Lizzy's blog.

It's 69F here and I'm in sweats, big heavy socks, and I'm under a quilt.

I'd have to hibernate if I lived where you are. ;-)

I hope you'remember having a great week.

Hunter