August

August

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Just a Saturday

And I like that. Nothing to have to do. Nowhere to go. Nothing pressing me. Just doing a few things on my list, or not. I love that freedom. Hubby headed out to his friends house to work on a project and I have the house to myself. Quiet, just the hum of the furnace (very cold here today -5). Nice. 

Marjolein Bastin
I got my shams finally from Bon Ton and when my old cat finally wakes up (we all know, you do not wake up sleeping babies or cranky old cats...lol) I will change out the linens on the master bed. I quite fell in love with this pattern and can't wait to see how it looks. I thought it was very apropos for a Montana bed room. Moose! But not all manly/hunting scenes, it is in cute quilty looking patterns. This is the pic from the package. Isn't it great? 

 
Well, I need to get back out into the kitchen, or not....lol I have decided after many many years to change it's look. Right now it is too cluttery country for my tastes. So I am stripping it bare and then will stand back and take a good look at it. And see what direction I want to go in. No hurry. Or maybe I will just have another cup of coffee. :) Always, Kit





8 comments:

Liz D said...

Cute mooses! Will you have a fun spring yard sale with your kitchen clutter? I like to rotate things/ collections...my house is almost back to its wintery blue and grey.

Diane said...

Your shams look like a cute light print. Hope you like them. It's that time of year that you seriously look at things and change tem. I'VE DONE THAT WITH A FEW THINGS. rIGHT NOW i'M looking for a table for my living room that will hold my art stuff, devotionals, laptop, etc. Havent found one yet. Have a great weekend Kit. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the pattern! I've seen prints similar in LL Bean and such and always thought they would make me smile every night when I got in bed!

That is a good idea with your kitchen...take it apart and add slowly. I want to do that with all my rooms. My storage room is so cluttered I'm afraid to add anything to it so it's hard to decide where to start first! Grrrrr...

Stay warm, Kit! :)

Jane x

Jody Gabara said...

I just love your new Moose bedroom sheets. They will look great. My brother-in-law lives in Ririe, Montana and said he got so much snow. Crazy weather we're having everywhere this year. By the way, I just love Montana ♥

Pom Pom said...

Hello Kit! I can't wait to see what your kitchen re-deco looks like! I think it's good to revamp things. Fresh and inspiring!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I live in Northern Indiana. Not a Moose in sight. Not even in the South Bend Zoo. But I LOVE Moose. I always have. Moose and Bison. I love that quilt. Since I retired, everyday is Saturday...or Sunday. It's what we worked for all those years. To wake up and do what we want, when we want. It's a wonderful life. I think back over the years and remember how much my taste in decor has changed and developed into being eclectic. I like that.

Stay warm. Stay healthy. Love Life.
xx, Carol

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Brrr! Way too cold for me. Hope you are enjoying your new moose bedding. :)

Cheryl said...

Super cute bed spread! I'd like that on my bed-- only maybe with cats and dogs lol