March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Road Trip!

This is becoming my Saturday ritual. Coffee. My cat in the window. My blog. It is a cold one here this morn and the sun is trying to peek out. We have had dense fog each morning until late in the morning. Yesterday I was off and Hubby and I decided to take a drive to our state's capitol, Helena. Not to complain about the recent election (this is an angst free zone!) but to shop at a wonderful antique store, and eat at a favorite eatery. Once we were out of our valley the fog was gone and it was gorgeous out! Most of our leaves are down and done for the Fall, but it is still such a lovely drive. I could feel my body relaxing as we chatted and sipped our coffee.


First stop was lunch at Bert and Ernie's! Doesn't the name make you smile? Back when we lived in Helena we would go to the original restaurant with our little one and have our fresh made sub sandwiches and she would eat little cubes of meat and cheese and fruit they would prepare for her. The place was packed and we got a lovely table near the windows and the hostess thanked us for being so patient (as she cleaned the table) and I told her, "Life is too short to be impatient." She liked that. :) We had a wonderful meal and then I was ready to shop!


Golden Girls Antique Mall, right on Last Chance Gulch is a great store. Two floors and everything imaginable to buy. And they have a resident "shop cat". He was in his favorite spot and ready for me to pet him.


 I found some treasures and I even swore a bit when I came around the corner and spied a cookbook (Gladys Taber's Stillmeadow Cookbook) that I have been looking for for years. I was sooooo excited! Plus, I found a little cookie tin in the blues that I love, and a little Stan Laurel doll, that tho it is a bit creepy, I just had to have....lol. Then my eyes rested on a little bag of sequined ornaments. Now, the last thing I need is more ornaments, but these were so pretty and I could just imagine a little old lady making them one year and now they were so sad sitting in a ziplock bag. I bought them and will set them free! 


It was a perfect day and Hubby and I had such a wonderful time chatting and laughing and sharing. It is hard to get us in one place for any length of time...lol Today my Griz play and I will get myself all cozy on the couch and catch up on some letter writing. Off I go, Always, Kit


Through that gap to the left is home!

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Kit ~ Your day trips with hubby always sound delightful and you drive through such beautiful countryside.

Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

You've described a perfect day.

Susan said...

Oh Kit, that sounded like a delightful day. I love your sweet spirit and love-filled heart. The "sad" little ornaments made me chuckle. I know you will give them a good home. Bert and Ernie's sounded great, too. Oh, so happy you had a wonderful time. Susan

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Certainly sounds and look likes it was a most wonderful day! Thanks for checking in on me. Working on a blog post now. Can't believe it's been a whole month since I last wrote anything. Oops! Have a super Sunday!

Liz D said...

What a fun day! It s so heartwarming, how you and your husband enjoy your times together. Plus---great finds! The Stillmeadow cookbook! And a blue tin--Stan Laurel, hahah, doesn't he remind you of Susan Branch's slightly creepy Petey doll!? And the sweet sequined ornaments! Almost made me cry, I hate seeing precious things abandoned and unloved.

Enjoy your cozy days!

lizzy

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! You live in a lovely spot! I love how enthusiastic you get about your adventures!

Blondie's Journal said...

Perfect day and I totally know why! Hubby and I do this every chance we can get. You live in a glorious place!

Jane

Diane said...

It's just so much fun riding along with you on your day. You seem to almost have an idyllic life. Thanks for the bit of joy, Kit.