June

June

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Over the Moon!



I can't contain myself today! I am actually giddy. Hubby does not know what to do with me...lol Lucky for him, today is his day to go over to his friends house and they are working on building Hubby's new car. Sooooo.....  That means the house is all mine, alone, time to putter and cook and bake and straighten and fuss and make my nest lovely. :) That makes me giddy, but the real reason is that my oldest has been texting me all morning. She got to the New Orleans airport, made it thru security and is now waiting to board her plane (knock on wood). Does anyone else do that? I am so afraid to jinx something, I constantly knock on wood, probably much to my families chagrin....lol But hey, if I feel it works I will do it.  :)

My lovely girl doing what she loves most, traveling the country!


Well, I have started my cooking and the only thing lacking is the sound of a football game on in the background. Really? No games today??? I should have recorded one just for that purpose. I will remember that next year. I do not have a ton to cook, we are simple folks. So I will have time to also do some reading and plan what the table will look like this year. But it won't take long.  It's funny, I use the same tablecloth, napkins and dishes every year. No change. Why? Because in that weird universe that is my brain, I think they would be sad if they didn't get to come out and spend the holiday with us. Because they always have!...lol  The only thing I play around with is the centerpiece. I know, very strange. 

Last years simple table
Okay, I am up to the baking of the pie. Debating whether we will also need brownies. Am I kidding? Of course we need brownies. With walnuts. :) Just stirred the Chex Mix. Texting has stopped from my daughter so I assume she is up in the air and on her way to Denver. Then Missoula. Knock on wood. Happy Thanksgiving! Always, Kit 

I am leaving the light on for her. :)




4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear Kit ~ I know you and your family will have a wonderful time together.

Leaving a light on for your daughter brings tears to my eyes.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Liz D said...

Oh Kit, this is so funny! I just wrote on my blog that while I am excited to go to my friends' house for Thanksgiving, I am a bit worried that my always-used turkey plates and platters etc will be sad that they are not going to celebrate with me this year. Do they know or care? I know I do. I thought it was just me, aren't we silly.

Have a wonderful day with your loved ones, dear Kit!

lizzy gone to the beach

Diane said...

By now she should be home and you all enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving. I hope you have a wonderful time together. Diane

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. No pumpkin to be found around here so couldn't make a pie. Definitely will need to find some in time for Christmas. Both my boys are coming home. It'll be the first time we are all together in a couple of years. Of course, my oldest is taking Lufthansa and I've heard they've been on strike. They seem to always be on strike, so hope it all gets sorted out. Happy December!