March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Sunday, November 20, 2016

My Favorite Week

There is just something about this upcoming week that gets my soul singing. My juices flowing. My heart bursting. You get the idea. I am lucky and with my job I get 6 whole days off to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday and the start to the Christmas season. And for me, since it is all about the planning and the set up and the preparing, I am in seventh heaven! I am in my best form when I have an event to create. All my thoughts converge and pretty tables, labels for cookie bags, interesting ways to make a centerpiece and what to cook, all come pouring out of me. It feels so good! 


Every year I make the same menu. Easy Peasy but so tasty. My hubby says he loves the fact that there are so many different foods to sample. And my kids are comforted to know, all their favorites will be there and they won't have to suddenly try asparagus with cheese! And the rolls better come out of a tube....lol The only thing we have changed is the type of turkey we get. We no longer get the supermarket variety but I find a humanely treated organic turkey.  That makes all of us enjoy it better. 


This year will be a little different. Our oldest girl is currently on a business trip and was going to be in New Orleans for the holiday. This would have been the first year, all 4 of us would not be together. Mommy didn't care for that and neither did anyone else, so we are flying her home for the holidays. Yay! I can't wait to see her. We have been texting and both of us are so excited. It can't come soon enough for me. :)  We have so much fun together that night, eating and playing games and taking selfies. I laugh so hard, my tummy hurts the next day. 


Well, my back room is a disaster zone with bags of snacks and incoming Christmas presents, and my many lists. It is starting to bug me. So organizing is a must today. I can not function in chaos! Off I go, my coffee cup is empty and the hubby is about to leave to go to his friends house, I have 4 hours all to myself. Alright, time to get started. :) Always, Kit




4 comments:

Liz D said...

How wonderful that you will all be together! Enjoy every moment of this special day / week, dear Kit!

lizzy

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Enjoy your special day and all the days leading up to it :D

Pom Pom said...

Have fun, Kit! You are inspiring!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I know you are fully in your element when you get to decorate and plan for a happy family gathering. Enjoy each and every single moment.