March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, October 20, 2016

My Little Adventure

Remember I gave you a little tease with the water bottle marked Maroon 5? Well, first I have to give you a little back story. My youngest has been with a wonderful young man for 4 years now. But actually they went all through school together and were best friends and then they fell in love. (Just like in When Harry Met Sally). He is a stage carpenter and works on concert tours. He just finished the Madonna, Rebel Heart Tour and since September has been on the Maroon 5 tour. Well, when I heard he was going to be on this tour back in July, I started to plan. You see I came late to the Maroon 5 party. I really had no idea who they were and what their music was like until I saw Adam Levine in the movie, Begin Again (back in February). Then he sang, Lost Stars and I was hooked. Who was this gorgeous man with the lovely voice and I started to research and a groupie was born! So, I booked the flights and hotel and car and my daughter and I were off to Seattle! Free tickets would be given to us by our favorite roadie and I would have a get away with my girl. But wait! My oldest girl would be in the neighborhood on business and could join us. Oh happy day, all three of us girls on a wild lady weekend.


It turned out perfectly! The weather in Seattle was gorgeous (and right before that massive storm that rolled in a couple of days later), sunshine and in the 70's. The flight was fun and very girly. I gifted my youngest a bracelet I had made to mark the occasion. (what we do on airplane flights, give gifts and drink wine and squeal with glee when we take off).


Our hotel was old and quaint and walking distance to the venue; the Key Arena and the Space Needle.


We wandered about and were lucky to be able to watch the band arrive in their bus (except for Adam) and yes, I had to jump up on a wall and scrabble down a dirt embankment to see thru the fence. It was worth it!


We had a lovely lunch at the Collections Cafe which is part of the Chihuly Glass Museum. Great food and a great atmosphere and then our roadie showed up and my daughter just beamed. I couldn't decide which shined brighter, the glass or my girl.


I haven't been in the Space Needle for 38 years and it was worth the wait. Such views!


We arrived back to the hotel and my oldest girl was waiting for us. Happy day! We all went up on top of the hotel to the rooftop patio and it gave us more breathtaking views of Seattle as the sun set.


The tickets our fav roadie secured for us were incredible, right near the stage and he even stopped by at one point and gave us all, Adam guitar picks! Yes, the ones he plays with and throws out into the audience. Swoon! The show was fantastic. Each song rolled right into another with such energy. During the Encore, everyone was on their feet dancing to Sugar. Even me with a bad back. I didn't care at that point....lol Awesome concert, awesome night.


The next day before we flew home, youngest and I headed down to Pikes Place Market while oldest resumed work. I had never been there and was very intrigued. I loved it! And got myself a new apron and a t-shirt for my girl. We saw fish being thrown, ate a sample of apples and chocolate spaghetti and had French pastry.


On the plane we were tired and my legs were sore from all the walking (and dancing) but I was feeling so good. Thank you Jim, thank you Maroon 5 and thank you hubby, for making it all possible. Always, Kit



6 comments:

Diane said...

I would love to see the Chihuly Glass museum. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Diane

Liz D said...

Wow! Every single minute sounds so fun. What an amazing event for you and your girls [and best roadie]. I m so happy it was fun and perfect, and that big storm missed you.

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lucky you! I love Maroon 5! Sounds like the perfect trip!

Lorrie said...

What a fun time with your girls (and being a groupie)!

Maggie said...

It looks and sounds like you all had an amazing time together, what a great treat for you and your girls. Friends have told me about the glass museum which they visited last year, it's on my very lengthy bucket list now!

bj said...

what an amazing time this must have been...just being with the girls was perfect, I know.