October

October
(internet)

Monday, October 3, 2016

I am loving October already!

What a weekend! First, I actually remembered to say Rabbit Rabbit (Susan Branch and I think the same way...lol) and Saturday was also our University's Homecoming. A very big deal in my little town. We love our Griz and parades and fireworks and the "lighting of the M" and maroon and silver. We love it all! We had a little rain shower before the parade but that didn't keep anyone home. We staked out our space on Higgins Ave, next to Mello Mood (a pipe shop), coffee in hand and comfy in our chairs. Oldest girl was on the Pacific Coast for work, so just the three of us, Hubby and Em joined me. For two hours we waved and screamed and sang and took pictures of friends and floats. The float from my school was fantastic and won 2nd place in the school division. I was so proud! And my good friend marches and plays trumpet in the Alumni Band and they were wonderful and took 1st place in the Band Division. Lots of candy was thrown, I got a new American Flag and the whole crowd was sporting paper antlers. So festive, and so much fun. :) 

My loves, the Shriners!, I love ballerinas in cool shoes, my fav vehicle ever, my trumpeter/friend, the Willard Float!  

Snogging with my fella, Red Wave Band and both my daughter's band teacher, The Crazy Bike People, Two Peas in a Pod, Everyone needs a hug from Elsa, The Foresters Float and they handed out pine branches!

Afterward, we were off to home, to change clothes and have a bite to eat. Then over to the stadium for the big game with 26,000 other fans. We played Southern Utah and I am happy to say we beat them royally. I was exhausted by the end of the day, but I must say I wouldn't have missed any of it, for anything. Go Griz! Go Montana! Always, Kit

I am linking up with Mosaic Monday, over at Normandy Life.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kit! It all sounds super fun! You're the BEST fan ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kit, that was a super post. Your happiness came shining right through. Love your header, too. Autumn is definitely a fave season. Great post! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous day you all had, your mosaics tell a wonderful story. Thanks for joining the MM crowd this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your enthusiasm is only matched by your pictures. You and your guy are precious

    Happy Fall!


    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks like it was a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kit, I love the Crazy Bike People float with the orb made from bicycle rims. It looks great! I'm glad you had a good day. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much happiness and love shows in your posts. What a good feeling....for you and your readers. Duabe

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun day! I always enjoy and admire your enthusiasm! And energy! I m not a football fan but I do have very fond, fun memories of high school homecomings! Oh the dances were so fun! And, yes, the parade! Have a wonderful October!

    ReplyDelete