August

August

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Feeling Warm and Fuzzy

I just had my bowl of Cream of Wheat (my hubby calls it wall paper paste...lol) with blueberries. It is cloudy and misty and very very Fallish. I slept good with my cat by my side till he decided he wanted to venture outside around 4. That's okay, I just made up for it by sleeping till 8:30. :) Sipping my coffee and thinking back on my week. It had it's up and downs, but mainly ups. And then a huge UP!

Gift from hubby!
 My two daughter's are the two best people I know anywhere. Kind, smart, helpful, funny, and they just do good where ever they go. Well, it seems the place where they have lived for 8 years (they live together and are best friends), is raising the rent and an Airbnb is being run behind them, so they have decided to look for a new place. Not an easy task in a college town and with a short deadline. My youngest has had the task of finding a spot, since my oldest is on a business trip. She found a great, older home, with lots of storage and bedrooms and yard, and a wonderful "cute" factor that was very necessary for my girl. (The apple doesn't fall very far) She said she knew when she stepped in, that it was to be her house. But as things go, it was not. It was taken by the other family who applied. Damn. She was upset, which made me upset, and as her Mom it was my job to be the voice of reason with uplifting quotes and hope, etc. But I was ticked that these two girls couldn't catch a break. I turned my face to the heavens at one point and said, "Really???" I know, she of little faith.


Anyway, I came in from working outside a day later, and my phone was blinking. It was my girl. Very excited. The other family had backed out and the house was hers! I could not believe it and I apologized to the good Lord for having a moment and I swear I could almost see him wagging his finger at me....lol  We took a tour and paid the deposits (they are renting) and it will be a great fit for my ladies. And they only live 3 blocks from me. Win, win. I better start collecting boxes!


Off I go, I have to get ready for the game today. And I will leave you with a little teaser of some fun coming up this week. Photo below. :)
Always, Kit







5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Are they going to be buying this house? It sounds nice and I hope some pictures will be taken and shared. Hint, hint. :-)

Love that glass pumpkin. It's gorgeous.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

How exciting! I hope you'll take pics of the cute house!

Blondie's Journal said...

I am so, so happy for all of you, Kit. You know I have two daughters as well and this would be as perfect for them and me if our positions were reversed. I hope we get to see more of the house...it sounds so great! And blocks from you---I love it!!!

Jane

Liz D said...

I love the glompses of uyour Halloween decor, great pumpkins. And how wonderful to have your girls living close by!

lizzy

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I came visiting from Rainey's blog. I'm surprised I haven't been here before. Love you bits of Halloween decor. You have an interesting blog. Glad you girls got the house too! My daughter just went through that "must find a house quickly" event. She fell in love with one and we liked it for her so much we helped her get it. She was first on the list of a lot of others who wanted it too. Houses go fast around here too.
Nice to meet you.
Carol