April

April
(internet)

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Kat - Man - Do

I have always wanted a special name for my home. So many of you have such sweet names: Plum Cottage, Lemon Lane, and my favorite from an old book, Back of the Moon.  I have tried some out, but nothing has stuck. Until I thought about that story I used to read to my girls when they were little, where a cat wants to see the world and he goes on a vacation to that mystical and special place called Kat-Man-Do!

That was it! That would be the name of my home. You see, we have about 5 cats. But really, we only own 1. But everyday, there is a parade of cats who show up, wander thru the gardens, play with my hubby and then leave. It is their mystical and special place! Their vacation. Their AirBnb!

I swear whenever a new family moves into the neighborhood, there must be sign telling the cats where to come. Because come they do. And happily our cat does not seem to mind. And in fact, he has been more energetic and spry since they started coming.

Let me introduce you to them. Oh, by the way, a lot of the cats do not have name tags so we make up names for them. Or we morph their real name into what we find more pleasing...LOL

First off: Is our old man, Sam Man. He is our cat and is now 16 years old. He came to us as a stray during a very cold winter. He's my baby. 


Bessie Girl. Of all the cats she is our part time kitty. She comes in the house and sleeps and we even feed her. She came to us 4 years ago, and primed Sam for accepting all the others. (real name Tango)


Pea Soup. He is our new neighbors cat and Sam's rival. Both boys! But friendly and loves to get petted on the swing. (real name Pishue)


Betty. Such eyes, so pretty and dainty. A bit skittish but warming up to us. With her gorgeous coat, she reminded me of Betty Buckley in Sunset Blvd....LOL


Nubbin. He is the newest one. And has no tail. Very young and a bit unsure. He stays away from the other cats.


There you have it, my menagerie!  There are a couple more, but they skulk about at night and I have not gotten a good look at them. I keep my bird baths full of clean water, and they love to use the "kitty trail" to get to the alley behind our place. Lots of hiding spaces and it is safe from dogs. A perfect vacation spot, come one, come all to Kat-Man-Do. Always, Kit


10 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh how cute! You're the cat hangout!
Very sweet name for your lovely home, too!

Liz D said...

What a wonderful post! Surely a gorgeous kitty lke Betty cannot be stray or feral? Each is so unique and beautiful, how fun for you! Here at the beach I have a small menagerie of tame feral cats who come to visit. They like to meow below my deck, tease poor Mo, who would love to play.

lizzy

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so sweet. My daughter lives with an alley behind her home and sure enough, there are wild alley cats. Someone in the neighborhood built a small shelter filled with straw for the kitties to have a place during our cold winters. :-D

Jane

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Betty's eyes are gorgeous

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh, that's the perfect name for your abode. I love all your kitties. Sam Man sure is one lucky handsome boy. And those blue eyes on Betty B ... so pretty!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What wonderful felines, one and all.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Your babies are beautiful! I also seem to have the neighborhood cats (9 of them) that come to lounge in my yard. I find them under the shrubs, at the edge of the woods, on the rock wall and under my garden bench or asleep in the sun on the front stoop.
Sometimes sound asleep and other times drinking from the bird baths.
Marcia higglersnotch.com

Jen Kershner said...

I love this! My mom always said that she had a neon sign above her house that only cats could see that said "Sucker"! I think I may have inherited it!

Emily said...

Awww!!! I love kitties! Yours are all so beautiful, even if they aren't "yours." Have you ever watched the Simon's Cat videos on YouTube? You should! They are delightful and will bring many a good chuckle.

Diane said...

I think you are very nice people - cats are quite picky and still they come to your house. It's amazing that your cat tolerates them. I think that's a perfect name for your home.
Diane