May

May
(internet)

Sunday, September 18, 2016

I love my Sundays

I get to laze about, sleeping in late, sipping my one cup of coffee for hours, eating a piece of pie. Nice. No big plans. Some chores, maybe make a couple of meat loaves but definitely watching some football. Denver plays Indianapolis later. I still miss Peyton but our new quarterback is not too bad. He will be fun to watch. Rainy today and colder. Lots of color on my Burning Bushes.  Haven't had  our first hard frost, so my flowers are still going strong. Now that the heat of summer has passed they seem to have perked up a bit. 


On Friday after work, hubby and I hopped into the Cobra and took off for the high country to see if we could find some color. Snow and cold temps come early to the Seeley Lake area and it is a lovely drive along the Blackfoot River ("A River Runs Through It"). It was a perfect afternoon and we did see some trees and ground covers starting to get their Fall on. 


River Point. Where you cross over the bridge and head to Seeley Lake campground. Many lovely weekends and Saturdays were spent there with the girls.


The lake itself. It continues for many more miles around that point in the distance. It was so quiet and it smelled so good. Warm sap, pine needles and wood smoke. My favorite thing to do in the past. was sit on the shore with a good book and watch my family splash around. Just perfect. 


Hubby couldn't resist and did a little splashing for me. :)


Driving back home, the fields were full of cows and deer and farmers were finishing their haying tasks for the winter ahead. I just love that interspersed with today's homes, are homes of the past. I have a painting that looks very similar to this scene in my bath.


My souvenir from the days travels, found on the ground, below a mighty pine. So lovely. Always, Kit


7 comments:

Liz D said...

A beautiful day in a beautiful part of your world. hank you for sharing~ [The inner tibes look so fun!]

Blondie's Journal said...

Your words painted a lovely portrait of a perfect Sunday and day in the country. What talent you have! Your pics are gorgeous. Fall is really happening in your neck of the woods. Soon here as well.

Jane xxx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely drive you had in your beautiful part of the country. I can almost smell the scents and sense the peacefulness.

Thanks for sharing. I love your golden header photos.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

Sounds like a very lovely weekend, Kit. The countryside where you live is quite beautiful. I'm so glad you had some "down" time. Susan

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Wish I could feel and smell that wonderful cool air...sigh

Diane said...

There's nothing better than a drive in the mountains - nothing!!! Thanks for sharing this, Kit. Diane

Pom Pom said...

You live in a very lovely place, Kit!
I like the way you savor Sundays.
I hope your week is off to a great start!