June

June

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Being a Home Body

Today of all days, I want to just stay home and do householdy things. I want to text my girls, watch football and bake. Everything that speaks home and family to me. Even vacuum. It is cool and cloudy today after a brilliantly sunny day yesterday. The birds seem to be liking that the heat of summer is now gone. Their songs seem filled with energy. Spent part of yesterday at the Prairie Sisters Vintage Market with my youngest. Wow, so many lovely items and she found a metal doll house from the 60's. I had to restrain myself and only if a bell went off in my head would I purchase an item. No bells. But such a great time anyway. Coffee, pumpkin scones and time with my Best Friend. 

internet 
Ran around my yard the other day with my camera when it dawned on me that I hadn't taken any current photos of my garden. With the heat, my flowers struggled a bit and once I went to work, my watering was sporadic at best. I can't concentrate on two things at once...LOL 


My biggest success was using begonias and impatiens. And I had alot of pink. I just love the look of it against the red of my fence.


My Globe Thistles have taken over the back garden. I love their prickly heads. 


Isn't this a cool meat packers rack? Got it at a yard sale years ago for FREE! The man just wanted it gone, it had been his father in laws. Hmmm. Our neighbor cat claims the open part (hence, why no plants on that side).

 This is where I say I will sit and take a moment. But I don't....LOL


My place, means the world to me. Where I go for comfort and peace. May you all have peace today. Always, Kit


8 comments:

Liz D said...

Wishing you peace and comfort today too, Kit. hank you for your kind words on my blog.

love

lizzy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

There is NO place like home.

Your home and gardens are lovely. I love your thistle flowers.

Have a wonderful fall season ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! I love your cozy home! You are a true blue happy homemaker! The garden still looks lovely to me!
I hope the school year has gotten off to a lovely start!

Blondie's Journal said...

I've never seen your house or deck, Kit, and I love it. I would be a homebody. too, although I think I am to an extent.

I learned a tip to keep squirrels out of my pots, not sure if it will work for cats. Stick several plastic forks, tine sides up, in the soil around the plant, they hate it. It worked for me!

Jane

Susan said...

Loved your post today, Kit. I identify so much with the "I want to stay home" feelings. Love that bright pinkish chair, too! Oh, I think I would have been tempted by the dollhouse, too! No bells, eh? Hope you have a totally delightful week. Susan

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Looks perfect to me <3

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Your home and garden are wonderful!!! No wonder you want to be a home body! A magical place to be.

Marcia Donnelly said...

Your home is adorable! Your plantings too. Love the cone flower especially.
Home for me is the place to be. I enjoy my gardens and always seem to be tweaking
things inside.
I invite you to stop by my blog Higglersnotch.com and stay for a bit.
Marcia