December

December
(internet)

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"What I did on Summer Vacation."

When I started this post, it made me think about the essays we used to have to write on the first day of school. As soon as I hit August, I can't help but think of going back to work on the 25th. But I have plenty of summer days to enjoy before that alarm clock rings. I am finally getting my Oregon pics up to share. What a wonderful time (as usual) and we tried flying this year and I have to admit, it was pretty nice skipping that long and tiring drive. But note to self, do not fly out of Missoula at 6am. Why did I possibly think I would not mind getting up at 4? 


Always nice to find the condo right where we left it. This year we had a little visitor who visited often, and I got to go down at low tide to my favorite beach. And found lots of sea glass and agates. 


Each day we venture out and visit the coastal towns. Newport, Depoe Bay (our home port), Cannon Beach and Florence. This is my most fav meal, awesome chowder and a shrimp salad that is to die for! 


Depoe Bay, kind of kitschy and that is why I love it! We found a new Antique store and I was more interested in the plants outside than what was in the store. Hit the Flea Market and they never fail me, I found some treasures. And look at me, we got the coveted table at the Zebra Bar in Florence and they brought my guy some awesome sliders. 


Cannon Beach is a lovely drive north and the town is known for their flowers and Cape Cod like buildings. I love the top flower (Fireweed) so much, I found some growing wild here in Montana and it now grows in my front gardens. Don't you just love a restaurant that makes little butter balls? 


The Marine Gardens and my favorite beach, Beverly Beach. Where we used to camp. Hubby was lucky and when we went to Florence, he got to take in a car and plane show. And though he did not find Dory, he did find Nemo....LOL 


We always make sure we are back to the condo for the evenings. I make dinner, we pour the wine and are usually found watching the sunsets. But hubby also loves his puzzle and our girls gave us a Lego set to make called the Beach House. :) All too soon it is time to head home, but this year we caught the Griz plane in Portland (as you can see I was so thrilled - that's my football team!) and by nightfall we were back in our home in the mountains. The best of both worlds! Always, Kit
Joining Mosaic Monday, at Normandy Life!

11 comments:

  1. What a great vacation you had and flying to and from saved you wear and tear and time!

    Yay for you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Kit. What a wonderful time you had. You made sweet memories for cold winter days! So glad you had a super time. Nice post, great photos. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vacation! So much fun, a perfect change from your Montana mountains. I d love to see your seaglass finds, did you haul them home on the plane or set them back on the beach?

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful just to walk on the beach. Great pictures of your vacation. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit! Aw! It looks like you had a wonderful coastal vacay!
    Enjoy the days before school begins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful vacation. I would love to wander the beach searching for sea glass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see a great time was had by all, Kit! I love road trips when we have plans to stop and explore larger cities and towns, hopefully an overnight stay. Flying for me is better although I'll never get over that bit of anxiety. I now make the flight plans. I am good for nothing at 4 a.m. so now I plan flights for no earlier than 10 a.m.!!

    I enjoyed your pics and narrative. The restaurants sound heavenly! I've always wanted to go to Oregon and Washington. My hubby and I are a bit different about meals. We eat a large breakfast at our condo...do our thing most of the day..maybe a drink and small appetizer midday and then a nice dinner out. Of course it's not always affordable so we do make dinner a few times during our stay at our place in NC.

    Summer went by too fast (as always). So good to hear from you on my blog today! :)

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Oregon post made me want to be there, too! Sounds like your found some treasures, too. Wonderful, fun post. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds fabulous! I would want to spend all my time hunting for sea glass. It is so rare here on the Florida coast! Nice photos for mosaics! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You truly have the best of both worlds. You're the second blogger recently who has recommended Depoe Bay. We love to go to the Oregon Coast when we leave the Island. Those beaches down there are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful vacation, just the sort of getaway we like to enjoy too. Your mosaics tell the story of your time there beautifully, happiness just shines out from both of your faces.
    Thanks for taking us along on your trip on Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete