March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Yep, it is that time again

This girl needs to get her ocean fix. The mermaid in me wants to be where I can see for miles, smell the salty air and hear the gulls. I long for the cool temps and gray sea, and can almost taste the chowder. Ahhh, Oregon time.



We are doing it a bit different this year and instead of driving, we are flying to Oregon. I figured out that between two hotels (and I love the pricey ones) and gas and meals, it came out to be about the same price as flying. And it will help keep the wear and tear on me and the hubby at bay as well as the car. So I have been packing like mad, and can still take with me most of the homey touches that I like for the condo. We will miss seeing this...


but can still jump into our antiquing and enjoy the stretch to the coast, thru the Van Duzer corridor. And be more rested from not driving for two days. I am told I can still shop to my hearts content, but to try and keep the items smaller than usual....LOL Or we will just have to find a UPS store. :)


And then, later that day, we will be enjoying what the coast has to offer. Incredible views, my leather chair with a warm fire and a glass of wine. It doesn't get any better than this, unless you want to play with.....


Legos! (I have a set my girls gave me for this year's trip and it is called the Beach Hut!)


So I bid you good-bye until July and I leave you with my most favorite beach to walk around on. I hope I find some beach glass and agates this year.  :) Always, Kit







9 comments:

Liz D said...

Oh Kit! How delightful! Have fun, and do use UPS..go for it! I hope you have a wonderful time.

love from the eastern beach!

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wonderful! I've not yet been to Oregon but it's definitely on my list of places to visit. Enjoy!

Blondie's Journal said...

I've always wanted to go to Oregon, Kit, whale watch and enjoy the beautiful PNW. You are going to have a blast. You sound so much like me...I prefer the fancier hotels. It's a vacation, splurge!

The last time we went to Asheville we did a lot of shopping. So much was breakable as well. We went to a Fed Ex near the condo and I was utterly shocked at how low the prices were to ship. They also wrapped and packed the boxes as well. Everything arrived in perfect shape a day after we got home. If you do ship---check out Fed Ex for sure. From here on I'm not walking away from something because it doesn't fit in my luggage.

Bon Voyage!

Jane

Diane said...

Oh, I know you'll have a wonderful time. Enjoy the beach for me. Diane

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Have a wonderful time dear Kit.

FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Have a wonderful time, Kit! I love the Oregon coast, too. I hope you laugh a lot and sleep like babies! Enjoy!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I just got back from the beach (Ocracoke Island, on NC's Outer Banks) and wish I could spend the entire summer there. Have a wonderful trip!

frances

Jen Kershner said...

It sounds like it will be an amazing trip! Enjoy every moment!

Patti said...

Not sure how I found your blog, but when I landed here, I just had to read a bit. I am sort of a Montana girl. That is where I went to high school. Our family moved there a little after yours...in 1976. My parents still live there, but after high school, I found myself in Florida, and, like you, I love the beach. Now, I'm in landlocked Idaho, but every once in awhile we make it to the Oregon coast and so get our ocean fix.

Hope you had an awesome trip!

Blessings,
Patti @ Embracing Home