December

December
(internet)

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Summer Vacation!

I finished work on Thursday, June 9th. Packed up my kitchen, took my toys and magnets home and bid adieu till the end of August. It feels great! I love now having my own time to do what I want and when I want to. Like sleeping in. No more setting the alarm.  Ahhh, that is such a lovely pleasure. Friday, I slept till 9am and then my hubby took me to breakfast to celebrate.


I celebrated turning 61, at the end of May and my family threw me a Finding Dory party! I am a sucker for anything Disney and my youngest did a great job planning my party. Lots of wonderful and thoughtful gifts and this year I chose my main gift myself. I have wanted to convert my old VHS home movies to DVD for so many years, and have never wanted to send them out. I couldn't bear the thought of them being lost. So we bought me a VHS to DVD dubber! It works great, and I have spent many hours happily revisiting my little ones. Now my memories will be safely on DVD format to last for many years. And I can make copies for my girls. :)


So now, I am looking forward to working in my gardens. I bought my flowers for all my patio pots last week. Youngest and I had a fabulous time at the Pink Grizzly Nursery. So many plants and too many choices....LOL  I am going with pink Geraniums, yellow Marigolds and purple Lobelia. I will have other pots throughout the yard too, with Begonias, Cosmos, Moss Roses, and Impatiens and Zinnias! That will be my happy "chore" tomorrow morning. I put my tunes on (I have outdoor speakers) and start creating my pots. I think that means the start of vacation the most to me. Well, I am off to watch an Indy car race, and eat some chicken. And sit with my feet up and maybe even stay up late. Cause I am on vacation. :) Always, Kit

6 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful thing to have time on your side. I don't even know what's on all the videos we have. We used to be able to hook up to the tv to watch them with the camcorder attachment, but don't even know where all that is now. A shame. Have fun converting yours. Your garden plans sound lovely. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Summer Break!!! Enjoy every minute of it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very belated happy birthday to you, Kit. Enjoy your summer - I know you will enjoy every minute. Your posts just make me happy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Happy Summer! Enjoy every moment. [and I know you will!].

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! What a delicious feeling! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kit, happy BELATED birthday. Your blooms will be gorgeous, I am sure. Susan

    ReplyDelete