August

August

Sunday, April 17, 2016

It's Spring, it's Spring, it's S-P-R-I-N-G!

When my kids were little, they had a song they would sing: "Didn't wear a jacket to school today, it's Spring, it's Spring, it's S-P-R-I-N-G!" And my oldest would chastise me and say, "Mom you have to go up on the last word, you are doing it wrong!" Hey, who's the Mezzo Soprano here!? It is my go to song about Spring each year, can't get it out of my head. Like the one from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. :) It has been so lovely here, forgive me my friends in the Denver area, I know what you are going thru right now. I remember a blizzard just like yours in Denver in April 1987. Argh!

Spring, Spring Spring from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Spent Friday driving all over the back roads of Stevensville with my youngest, chatting, sipping coffee and admiring all the baby cows. The views were incredible. Yesterday, I got all my yard art out and did my first real clean-up of my yard. Nice to see all my plants coming back. And a few volunteers angling for space. The Forget Me Nots are all over the place and are blooming. My all time favorite lawn flower. 


Finished my new book by Susan Branch. It was lovely and like so many, I didn't want it to end. And when it did, I promptly burst into tears. I can't get over how many of us have so much in common with this lovely author in Martha's Vineyard. Making a lovely home, sharing the same love for certain writers, having cats, enjoying the seasons, etc. Though I have to admit, I do love to fly. :) I have all her books and will re-read, A Fine Romance now. And get out my Heart of the Home and cook up a few tasty dishes. 

Susan Branch

Off I go, chores are calling and I have a ham to bake. Always, Kit

8 comments:

montana happy said...

I love Susan Branch too. I love her artwork and she has fabulous recipes. Glad I stumbled upon your blog!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Yes, thanks for the sympathy. It's starting to melt. Yay!

Susan said...

Hi Kit. Ohhhhhh, I LOVE Susan Branch and her writing. I want SO MUCH to get her newest book. Thanks for your visit. Happy Spring! Susan

Susan said...

Hi Kit. Where in New England is your daughter? In Boston? Just curious. Susan

Blondie's Journal said...

You live in a beautiful area, Kit. I could easily enjoy driving and chatting with my daughters or a friend. In Michigan we are known for pork and although it's not too pleasant to think about the future of the baby oinkers, we love stopping by the farms and going up to the fences to pet them. They are so curious and lovable.

I love that movie! I need to look for it on Demand.

Susan Branch has always inspired me for her gumption to move all the way to MV, so far away from the huge family she had such a great 'growing up' time with. Meeting Joe was a happily ever after story for sure. I need to get the book. I read the first two. She's a great writer.

Jane

Liz D said...

I m so happy spring is springing for you, Kit!

I love Susan Branch...maybe I ll put this set of recent works on my Xmas list? Or brave the mean library ladies, in case they have it?

Diane said...

And now it's Monday! I hope your week is as beautiful as your weekend. Blessings, Diane

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My college boy drove to Denver with a friend for a free outdoor concert that, of course, was cancelled because of the winter storm. But he said the drive back home wasn't too bad yesterday, so I was happy to hear that. Love Susan Branch's illustrations. Enjoy your Spring weather.