March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Out and About

Today felt like a real weekend again. I actually dressed in good clothes, grabbed the hubby and we went downtown for the St. Patty's Day Parade. The town was out in their "greenery" with dogs and kids festooned in shamrocks.


 We wandered the shops and galleries. Enjoyed our local Irish gathering, and hit a wonderful book sale at one of my favorite stores. The Bird's Nest. 50% off of EVERYTHING! This store is unique in the fact that they mix old books with antiques. You will not find the latest best seller here, but you will find a Gladys Taber book that you have never seen before. They do not take credit cards and they ring you out on an old fashioned cash register. So cool!


 All that great shopping made me hungry and we made a mad dash in the rain for the Iron Horse Pub for a lovely meal of a homemade burger and sweet potato fries. The place was packed with parade goers. Such fun! I thought once I got home, it would be some chores and do a little decorating for Easter but my youngest had to run to Seeley Lake and I rode shotgun. What a lovely drive thru the forest where there was still quite a lot of snow on the ground and deer everywhere. We got a lot of nice chatting in and it was fun to have a little road trip. Now it is time for our movie with Goobers and buttered popcorn. Always, Kit

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Goobers and buttered popcorn! Yay!
It was busy for our son the bagpiper yesterday. He had lots of gigs!
I'm glad you're well, Kit!

Diane said...

Sounds like a fun day. Our mountains are snowpacked and beautiful but I've been thinking of mountain flowers and trips to the mountains. Have a good couple hours which is all that's left of the weekend. Diane

a writing place said...

Happy time....

Oh yes, I have that Gladys Taber book. I have all her books, some originals, from fun searching of book shops on Cape Cod, for years. When we would go there, for a few days, in September. :-))))

You have an original there. I can tell by the cover of the book.... the paper cover.... Can't remember what they are called. Fly leaf or some such???? :-)

Tessa

Liz D said...

What a fun day! I love Gladys Taber, good finds! And your turquoise heart pinkeep is beautiful!