August

August

Monday, March 7, 2016

Hack, hack, sniffle, sniffle

Me, who seemed to be able to dodge every cold and sniffle that floats by, had succumbed. How this virus snuck thru my many defenses is beyond me, but it did and it had taken up residence. And appeared to not want to leave.

But not one to wallow, I decided to make the best of it. So if I was stuck, propped up on the couch, what could I do? Well, I decided to see if I could watch most of the shows that I have stored on my DVR. Really not too hard since I had only used 40% of my storage. Then I took to streaming (I just love Netflix!) and visited shows like Star Trek, The Greatest British Baking Show and Better Call Saul.



Then I switched to anything Jane Austen. Then I got bored....LOL It was bound to happen, too sick to read, didn't want to write. Thank heavens for visits from my daughter and hubby to break the days up. Lots of sleeping and then one day I woke up, and I was better! Yay!


Felt like eating and craved Won Ton Soup. Oranges! What I would have given for a slice of apple pie. My youngest went shopping for me and I got my apple pie! So tomorrow I will return to work after being sick for 10 days. It will feel good to get back in my normal routine and if I ever watch another TV show, it will be too soon. (Downton Abbey does not count!) Always, Kit

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm so sorry that you had such a whopper of a cold!
Didn't you LOVE the last Downton Abbey? Weep. I'm so sad it's over.
Apple pie. YUMMY!

Blondie's Journal said...

First, I hope you feel better soon, Kit. Secondly, we are two peas in a pod. I can barely read when I'm sick---gosh, isn't the headache enough? TV is okay but all I really want is a shot in the arm to make me sleep 48 hours and wake up well! And finally, the soup is a go to for me as well. The hot broth and carbs. We have a Chinese place near us that has a pork dumpling WITH noodle soup. Talk about carbs, fat and a great broth. I'm craving now!!!

Again, get well.

Jane

Diane said...

I'm glad you're feeling much better, Kit. At least you got some tv shows out of your system! Nothing like being sick to make you feel great, is there? Have a great week.Diane

a writing place said...

Oh so sorry!

But glad your marathon watching is over.

Glad it was there for you though! :-)

Liz D said...

Poor Kit! I m glad you had helpers to take care of you. And hope you re better by now, or soon. Gets lots of rest etc, all those old ''mom'' suggestions. Feel better!

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

10 days! That's a lot of tv watching. Glad you are feeling much better now.