April

April
(internet)

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve always holds fond memories for me. When the kids were little we had mock cocktails and party favors and ran around clanging pot lids. :) Now the girls get all gussied up and hit downtown with their friends, and hubby and I usually watch a movie to while away the hours till the ball drops (I vow to not be one of those people who go to sleep before it does!!).


But this year, I got us tickets to see the new Star Wars movie. I have tried to stay away from all reviews and comments about it. Didn't even know the story line. I wanted to see it with a fresh eye. 
I will not give away any spoilers, and I did like it. They did a good job, they just didn't go a great job. 




I am spoiled. The very first movie my hubby to be took me to was the very first Star Wars movie. I remember being packed into a theater where there were no empty seats, and from the get go, everyone was so enthralled, you could have heard a piece of popcorn hit the floor. And when the movie ended, we all stood up and cheered and clapped. It was epic, and we knew that movie making had changed. I, like alot of folks did not care for the the last three movies. Casting was horrible and they lost the essence of the first 3. I was hoping this one would take us back to our roots. It did but was very predictable and I can always tell when a scene is good, cause I get a little zing up my neck. No zings. But I am glad to have seen it, and will watch the next 2. Just with not the same excitement I had going into this one. (oh, and by the way, I thought Carrie Fisher looked wonderful!). We had our bottle of bubbly, watched the ball drop and ran out into the very cold snowy night and screamed and watched fireworks. It was lovely! Happy New Year's! Always, Kit

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your evening sounds like it was fun.

Have a wonderful 2016 dear Kit ~ FlowerLady

Diane said...

You celebrated well, Kit. I have no doubt that you will in this new year, too. Diane

Liz D said...

Happy New Year, Kit! Your evening sounds fun, your daughters look lovely. Have a great year!

lizzy

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, how fun, Kit. I felt the same. This year I made hubby stay up with me til midnight!!

Happy New Year to you and your wonderful family!!

Jane x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You do manage to carry on traditions whatever the time of year or holiday. We are always in bed before midnight. Although, I can't sleep with noise, so did get up twice because of fireworks and thus was up past midnight. Hubby snored through the whole thing. I never know what movies are coming out or what the news or reviews are but from what I've heard, everyone thinks the new Star Wars is great. I may have seen one since the original -- my senior boy says I have but I really can't remember. I'm definitely not a movie buff. :) Happy New Year!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Your girls are so cute! One looks like you and one looks like your hubby! Happy New Year!

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Happy New Year, Kit!!! I didn't make it til the ball dropped. Oh well... :)
Hugs,
Lin

Susan said...

Dear Kit....I love your enthusiasm and zest for life. Love it! Thanks so much for your visits to my blog and comments, too. Both are always appreciated. Kit, you have always made things special for your family. They must all adore you. You make things fun! Hope your New Year of life is awesome. Susan