June

June

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Big Storm Approaching!

I have my hopes up, so they better not disappoint me. Coming from our neighbors to the West and arriving at High Noon. I am soooo excited! I just adore the feeling of being snowed in, well at least for just a little bit. I have all I need to "survive" and have a bunch of things scheduled to do today. 

Saw these online, aren't they gorgeous! Snowstorm in a Jar.
I just love a day where I can check off all those pesky items on my never ending list. My list keeps me from never being bored that is for sure. And when I get to the end of the day and wait for sleep to catch me, I can't help but smile as I think of all the things I have completed. Am I weird? 

So todays big "do" is my bedroom. A thorough dusting, and rearranging of treasures. I want to come up with a new way to display my bracelets (in a past post, I mentioned how I love bracelets and never wear them). Well, I vowed to wear them (I still don't) but I still collect them. I saw a clever idea, using a bottle or vase and they are stacked on! So pretty. I am sure I have something downstairs to use. Already I have changed out my night table. I was using a pie crust table as my nightstand but it had no drawers. So all my "stuff" was out for all to see. Lotion, clock, lamp, back scratcher, scissors, tissues, Nook, notebook, cough drops. Sounds so horrible! So I switched out a piece of furniture and now have 3 drawers. And everything is nicely organized and tucked away from inquiring eyes. Not everyone needs to know I use Vaseline to keep my hands soft....LOL 

Karachista
Off I go, I see a few flakes out there. Think of me tomorrow when my Denver Broncos play. :D Always, Kit

11 comments:

Lurena Sheary Williamson said...

Kit! I hope you get your wish "snowed in" and have a blast buzzing around your bedroom cleaning and revamping your nest. Stay warm :)

Diane said...

I just got distracted by your post Photo Challenge - Self Portrait. So I want to comment on it. I just love it.

Now to this post. It is so comforting to me to read something like today's post and find once again how much you have in common. I like the feeling of pending storms, too. Makes me feel safe and snug. We've had some flakes here this evening. Enjoy it Kit. And thanks for your comment today. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your mindset for a good storm---I love them, too, especially when they are on a weekend and I know my friends and family aren't traveling to work. A well stocked fridge and pantry helps!

Love the mason jars---so cute! I also love the idea for the bracelets. My daughter has tons of 'statement' necklaces, big and chunky and hung on jute string 2 feet across form tacks on her wall, She has them hooked on with Christmas ornament hooks. So easy to choose from and pretty to see.

Have a great wintry day, Kit!! :)

Jane xx

Liz D said...

Hi! Oh I do love being snowed in---for ONE day. Then hopefully the messy white stuff melts? I always bake oatmeal cookies, I need to stock up just in case. It was warm here today, in the 50s.

The faux seaglass and glass pebbles are from the craft store Michael's, if you have that out west. Or maybe online? The bowl of glass on my blog is maybe 4 or 5 different little bagsful. If I use it and it gets dirty, I just soak it in a bucket w Clorox, rinse and dry in the sun on an old towel.

love

lizzy

Blogoratti said...

Great that you have things organized and de-cluttered. Warm greetings and best wishes!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Did you get the predicted storm? I should be cleaning something, but instead I'm crocheting. We don't have a lot of storage here so everything is on show. And everything is dusty. I have tons of bracelets. Stopped wearing earrings a couple of years ago so now I layer my bracelets -- many on each wrist at a time. Enjoy your Sunday!

Susan said...

Hi Kit...Did you get a lot of snow? Your day sounded good. Love the way you store the bracelets! Clever. Take care and have a good Monday. Susan

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Like Liz above, I enjoy being snowed in for a day; after that I get restless. But I do like the threat of a storm coming in and I hope you got yours!

frances

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

Hi Kit, I'm your newest member. I just came across your blog for the first time and LOVE it. You are so lucky to live in Montana, it is such a beautiful state. I just love your bracelet organizer/display, how cute is that!

Jen Kershner said...

Love that bracelet idea! How amazing was that Broncos game? I am absolutely terrified to watch the Super Bowl though! I hope you got lots of snow to make you happy!

a writing place said...

Booo-hoooo... I need some of those 'Snowstorms In A Jar'. Again, the snow missed us.

It's just not seasonal! We always get winter snow. -pout-

I do not like walking or driving in snow/ice. But I do love looking out at it. While cozy in the house. It feels so delicious... All that coziness and warmth and nesting. During a snow storm. :-))))

Gentle hugs,
Tessa
upper NYS