August

August

Monday, December 21, 2015

The week of Christmas!

Finished the season at work and we have a lovely 2 weeks off. I was so blessed and had a visit from my youngest each day and she gave me her version of the 5 days of Christmas. Each day she would visit and give me a little gift. What fun! And the best part, she would hang around and chat while I worked and she would chat with the students and the staff too. They love her. Also, had our annual Christmas Party for my husbands company and that was such a nice evening. A night to dress up and visit with old friends. :) 
A lovely quote block from Cinderella, a gorgeous Pashmina to wrap myself in, look at the wonderful ornament too! Hubby, myself and a good friend at the party.

 Friday was a special day for our family, it being Star Wars Day! When my hubby and I were dating, Star Wars was the very first movie he took me to. Not only was it the best movie ever, but my future husband was the one I got to snuggle with. :) In honor of the day, I made up little surprises for my girls (remember? I told you I would show you) In a little bag, I had a Star Wars ornament, a box of Star Wars jelly beans and $20 to buy a ticket for the movie. On the outside a Star Wars pin to wear proudly. The girls loved them and were so surprised. Hubby got his version too, and scored a Darth Vader ornament. He looks very menacing on my tree right now, and seems to be intimidating the ornaments around him. Stand up to him Tigger!


Saturday, I took a step away from all the preps for the holiday, grabbed my hubby and we went downtown. We had just had a fresh batch of snow (6 inches!) and it was very festive to say the least as we wandered about. First lunch at a great bar/eatery called the Iron Horse. Very hip and very busy, and the best hamburgers and sweet potato fries in town. We sat in the outside atrium where we could watch the snow and scored a table near the fireplace. Perfect. Then up and down Higgins Ave., where we went into virtually every shop there was. Lots of wonderful displays and unusual wares and inside everything smelled like cinnamon. We even ran into Santa who was carrying a boom box and promoting a new radio station in town. I didn't know he did that too!....LOL


Well, today I am off to a luncheon with a good friend, where we will exchange presents and eat wonderful Asian food. A few errands to run and then home to work on a few projects. I get these ideas at the last minute, and want to try my hand at them. Let's see if I can make a go of it. Always, Kit

I am linking up to Mosaic Monday!Hosted by Lavender Cottage.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun Star Wars story!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

eileeninmd said...

What fun! Hubby and I will wait until the crowds die down to see the new Star Wars movie. Your daughter has a cute gift giving idea, with her 5 days of Christmas. Love the mosaic and images. Have a happy Christmas week ahead!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Pom Pom said...

You are the cutest busy bee! God's BIG blessings upon you and your loved family!

Susan said...

Oh Kit, you are having a wonderful Christmas week! How wonderful. So happy for all. Blessings to you and your family. Merry Christmas! Thanks for all the sweet visits. Hugs. Susan

Donna said...

What a lovely post and I loved the 5 Days your daughter did...fabulous! Merry Christmas!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Ever since I've known you, which is about 15 years or so now, you have always made your holidays very special for your family.

Have a very Merry Christmas ~ FlowerLady

Diane said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, Kit.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Lots of chatter about the new Star Wars movie and I'll bet your family loved their themed ornaments. We're thinking of going to see it but I'm not sure I'll like the 3D effect as I'm a wimp when it comes to any motion around me.
Merry Christmas.

Liz D said...

Merry Christmas, Kit! I know your days will be filled with love and joy and laughter. Enjoy every moment. Pls box up some snow for me and Mo, I fear my holiday parties may give way to Xmas golf this year. Nevermind, I will then go to the beach.

love

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wonderful outings and thoughtful gifts. Enjoy your winter break. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Kit,
I hope this finds you well and enjoying the holiday season. I loved reading about the Five Days visits with your daughter...

Take care, ~Natalie