December

December
(internet)

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Haul out the Holly...

Well, it has been a very very busy week. But as my notes from years past said, "just stay home the first week of December and get it all done!" And for the most part I listened to my past self and I did get it mostly done....LOL  I did take a break and go to lunch with my oldest (so worth it) and I did run to the store one day for needed cookies and snacks (again, so worth it!). I have a few last touches to do: put up the creche, make a surprise lit tree for hubby when he is in the hot tub, and put the orns on the dining room tree. Which is what I will do today with the help of NFL football. There is just something about listening to a game that gives me the energy to keep on task. :)


Last night my girls came over and we had our little tree trimming/eating/drinking/chatting party of the year. It has morphed more into the later 3 and hubby and I did the majority of the tree trimming. It is a job, I don't see it as a job, but I think my girls do now. LOL We gave them special ornaments for their tree (a sea turtle for the oldest and a silver pocket watch for the youngest) and it was fun to just sit around and hear about their days.


I am hoping for this week to sit and enjoy my home. Maybe watch one of my holiday movies, wrap some candy bars for my delivery drivers, and start some baking. And maybe I will sneak out, and visit a store or two. My notes do not say I can't. :/ Always, Kit

7 comments:

  1. So much fun happening at your house, Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a magical time of the year. Peace and Happiness <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I did the same thing, but my house is not done--my Xmas shopping is, however. We don t put up our tree til next week, but hauled out the boxes and all is ready. You have so many fun ideas---I love those candy jars, must find mine! And I am intrigued by your hot tub tree for Hubby?! [outdoor hot tub? bbrrr?] Wishing you Peace and Joy, dear friend!

    PS Yes the kids find the tree trimming a chore, but just suggest subbing a small pre-lit table top faux tree and hahaha, listen to the protests and whines.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks lovely and it sounds like you are decking the halls and enjoying the season. I imagine you'll have a winter break very soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kit, everything looks wonderful! I've been trying to get everything done early, too. Making progress but certainly haven't been able to say "I'm done" yet. Thanks for your sweet visit during this busy time. Have a wonderful week. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! Family time is so special <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is becoming very Christmasy. Diane

    ReplyDelete