April

April
(internet)

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Awoke to Snow!

In the wee hours I looked out the window and saw SNOW! And happily slid back into bed, cozy and grinning from ear to toes. Just a small dusting but it made the world look so pretty.


 So I got up early and snapped on all the Christmas lights and enjoyed the morn with just the cats. Hubby has a cold, so he was sleeping in. But I feel a sense of excitement today that comes from a great night of rest and a planned trip to the Antique Mall today. Isn't this a cool looking mall!?


I haven't been in a while and look forward to seeing Vintage Christmas. My favorite kind of decor. My dream is to find one of these big fat Santa's for a reasonable/sold for a lark price, to plunk down in my front yard.


It was such a busy week for getting cards mailed, the rest of the decor up (tho I keep moving things around, till they are just right) and work, the students are getting squirrely early this year. That I didn't plan too much for this weekend, just a little baking, my regular chores and some fun. I only have one more week of work to go before the holidays. And I am so lucky to have the week before Christmas off. Thank you, school district!


 I am of the mind set, to celebrate the whole month and not just yearn for the day, (keeps me sane) and I love to plan little surprises for my girls and hubby and other special people. In the past, it was to keep my children calm before Santa came. And to keep me from constantly hearing, "I can't wait for Christmas!" I find Christmas CD's, or special candy, I make up December survival kits or buy unique ornaments and they all of a sudden appear on a kitchen counter or in a mailbox, or are attached to a door knob. It is what makes the season for me. I love to imagine the surprise and delight the givee feels when finding it. Hopefully, it makes a hectic season a little bit easier to bear. :) I have something very cool planned for the end of this coming week. Shhhh, I will share next weekend. :) Always, Kit








5 comments:

Liz D said...

Is that your adorable tree? And you have snow! Makes me [only a little] wish it wasn t 64* here. The antiques mall looks awesome and all your December plans sound perfect. Enjoy every moment, dear friend.

lizzy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your dusting of snow.

Your tree looks really pretty too.

Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

Diane said...

Then we should be getting snow, too.
Your posts are always so inspiratrional, Kit. Looking forward to your surprise. Diane

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The snow does look picturesque. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your weekend. I like the idea of surprises throughout the month. It's how I like to celebrate everything rather than with one big hoopla. :) Happy holidays!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! You are such a bubble! Your girls are hugely blessed and so is your hubby! I hope he feels better soon.
We have some snow, too. Bronco game at 2.