October

October
(internet)

Monday, November 30, 2015

Our Holiday

Ahhh, a moment to sit and sip some tea and relax a bit. Though I can't for too long, since today I finish clearing away our Thanksgiving and start our Christmas decor. :) It is a big job but I am up to the challenge. I never look on it as work, to me it is like greeting old friends. And I just love all my lights and sparkle about me for the month.


But back to Thanksgiving for just a bit. It was totally awesome! From the blizzard we had on Tuesday (I could enjoy it to the fullest, knowing I didn't have to go to work the next day), where I cozied in with my tea and cookies and literally just looked out the window, and watched as my garland kept blowing away...LOL The next day dawned sunny but very cold and I got to work, baking and cooking. And working on cookie bags and candle arrangements.


Thanksgiving morning is all mine. My hubby goes to a Turkey Trot run and I bake up some orange rolls and grab my tea, the newspaper and flick on the Macy's Day parade. I just adore it. Tho this year, it seemed like every male singer had this odd dark kewpie doll hairstyle, that made it look like the same guy just kept appearing on different floats. Fascinated me to no end. Then Santa comes to town and I burst into tears, don't know why, maybe all the good feelings the holidays give me. Happens every year. :)


The girls came over (my oldest made it back from her business trip, just in time to watch the parade with her sister. Ahhh) and we enjoyed our feast, but mostly the time together chatting and playing games. The evening ends much too quickly but we have to be sane and get to bed early, since hubby has to be at his store early and my youngest and I head out to shop at 5.


Yes indeed on Black Friday. But it isn't like you think it is anymore. Now that a bunch of stores are open on Thanksgiving, boo! (Note: my hubby will not allow his store to be open on the holiday. Yay, hubby!) instead of having to wait in a crowd in the cold, we just waltz right into the stores and there are no crowds! Just nice, calm, happy folks, wearing fancy Christmas sweaters and big smiles, and they are following their old tradition too. My daughter and I love the "magic" of driving around in the dark, in the cold, sipping our hot coffee and listening to our Christmas music. We buy our gifts and spend a lot of time chatting and laughing and we always finish with a stop at Daddy's store for donuts and a visit. Then I get to come home and crawl into my bed for a lovely nap. A great tradition for sure!


We finish this fantastic weekend, with a college playoff game (that we won! Go Griz!) while I address Christmas cards (I opted to stay home and give my ticket to my youngest) and I cook up many turkey fixins' for dinner. I cook one day and I am good for 4! Well, off I go, it will take me the whole week to get Christmas in place and so that means I better get out of this chair. Always, Kit

My loves!



5 comments:

  1. Aw! What fun! What kind of a store does hubby have? Donuts? Yum!
    I bet your house is looking Christmasy already! I'm so glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all always seem to have the greatest times together. It all sounds so lovely. Traditions are nice to have. I seem to have lost mine as the boys got older. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have so much fun, Kit. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you write about your family time, I can feel the warmth oozing from your cozy house and the close relationship you have with your daughters, you are blessed. Your hubby, too. Wondering what sort of store he has? Am I being nosy? ;-)

    I think its great that there are so many pre-Black Friday sales, hopefully it has helped end some of that madness. I know so many of us need to grab up sales but when I hear of people being rude and downright violent in the stores, it's scary!

    Enjoy your holiday prep, I'm feeling well, I've been out and about doing some Christmas shopping and errands. Still coughing (discreetly!!), but it feels good to be out of bed and in the fresh air.

    Have a great weekend, Kit!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious and so pretty...but my favorite things are your enthusiasm, your love, and the smiles on your daughters faces. Thank you for sharing your holiday with us.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete