October

October
(internet)

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Oh November, how I love you!

Ahhh, this month to me is pure bliss. The crazy fun of October is past, the hectic and busy December is yet to come, but for now, I have calm, collected and relaxing November. We still have some color to our trees but most of my leaf duties are over. The air smells like camping and it is so nice and cool. I am even in long pants today! Lots of cups of tea are drunk and I even roasted a chicken the other day. I feel very domestic. My hubby is wondering who this new lady is. I tell him, I can play Little House on the Prairie a little bit easier when it is not 98 degrees and I am not constantly outside watering and tending to my gardens. :) 

 I spent last week decorating for Thanksgiving and saying hello to all my glass turkeys. I have a huge collection now and I have to blame Martha Stewart. I remember when I first discovered her and she was planning her Thanksgiving and all along this stretch of table, were these lovely and incredible ceramic turkeys. I was sold! So I started looking, and I have been lucky to find quite a few at yard sales and antique stores. The one below is a salt cellar with a pepper shaker in the top. 

 Pretty soon my notes for the holidays will come out and I will start making my shopping lists. But for now, I am content to curl up, read my latest Country Living and just chill. Always, Kit



5 comments:

  1. You sound happy, Kit! The turkeys are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love November, too. It's a pretty peaceful month. Enjoy it, Kit. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall, too, Kit, but you have a way of making it sound extra cozy and warm! Martha was a great inspiration to me...did she live on Turkey Hill at the time or something of that sort? Ha!! I may be way off but I do love your ceramic turkeys.

    Happy Fall!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. November is a lovely month. A little too warm and humid down here in s.e. FL though, but I'm still in a thanksgiving mood. I have much to be thankful for.

    Happy November dear Kit ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. We re kindred spirits, Kit! I love November too. I want to see ALL you ceramic and glass turkeys. So far I have acquired only two.....[tho I have antique turkey plates!].

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete