October

October
(internet)

Saturday, November 21, 2015

It's Getting Closer!

Next week. My wonderful break from work and the Holiday! I think Thanksgiving is so under rated. It has everything I need to make a perfect holiday. 6 days off, Calm (at least at my house), Fall colors, a Parade, lots of great food, a wonderful shopping experience with my youngest (followed by the best holiday nap ever!), the college playoffs begin and I get to start decorating for Christmas on the last day. Yay!

 I have all my fixins' bought, and I am now in house cleaning mode. Even tho it is just the 4 of us. I call us the Core Four. It has to be sparkling around here. Next I will fix up a special take home gift for my girls. Make sure my linens are pressed and ready and re-think the centerpiece of the table.


Come Wednesday, I will happily be in cooking and baking mode. I can hope for some snow, but just a little. My oldest is on a business trip and I do not want her snowbound in someplace other than home on the big day. She is in Kansas right now and should be here for dinner on Thanksgiving. Keep your fingers crossed!


There is nothing I love more than spending the evening with my family. The talk flows well as do the laughs and we eat till we can eat no more (and yet we still nibble). The games are fun and it brings out the creativeness of all and goofiness too! We sip our cider and beer and read the ads and plan what stores we will shop at come 5:30 Friday morn, (this is the only shopping allowed on Thanksgiving) and part way too early for all of us. But first, a goofy selfie amongst the mess of a well used kitchen. :) Always, Kit







7 comments:

  1. Hi Kit! Thank you for showing us your turkey collection! They are so fun, each is different. I only have two but out they came last week.

    Your party sounds fun! I hope we get to see that centerpiece and read about your menu. And later tell us more about the take home gifts for your girls, this sounds like a fun tradition.

    Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it all sound soo much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Kit. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kit. Love your positive spirit. I love this season, too. So grateful to be alive and well. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps my most favorite holiday, for all the reasons you've shared, Kit!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!
    Much love,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit! Your family is so cute! I bet they LOVE holidays with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For so many years now I've loved your blog and wished I knew you in person. Yup, pretty much I want you to adopt me. =) You remind me so much of my dear mom who cherished the same sorts of things as you. Happy Thanksgiving, Kit!

    ReplyDelete