June

June

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Recipe for a Saturday

First and most importantly, sleep in! Till a lovely 8:30 and give yourself a good stretch. Hubby is out for his morning run but brought the paper in, so fill your favorite bowl with cold cereal and slice some strawberries on top, allow yourself a little sprinkle of real sugar. Settle in on the couch and check out what the weather channel is obsessing about. Leaf thru the newspaper mainly to find out when our football game is going to televised and to read Dear Abby.

Now this is my fav time. Hubby has gone to a Cross Country Race at the University with the promise of bringing home sandwiches for lunch. I have my huge cup of coffee and the stickiest cinnamon roll with nuts imaginable. Time to visit my blogs and enjoy some quiet time. From my craft room, I can look out on my backyard and the leaves are fastly falling. My Million Bells has had a resurgence of bloom and color (they love our cooler temps) and it is softly raining. It smells sooooo good!

Later, I will un-decorate the living room. It is still wearing it's green mantle of summer and I am ready to go full out Halloween. For the whole month of October, my home will be orange, purple and black. With all my fav decor. Our Griz football team plays at 2pm in California, so I will be happily in front of my TV. Cheering on my boys and screaming my head off (with a few swear words sprinkled in) and eating that sandwich I was promised. 

I think I may whip up a pot of stew for dinner, with biscuits. The weather is calling for some comfort and homey food. And spend the night with my latest book, the Official Dick Van Dyke Show Book. My latest obsession! This show was cutting edge in the early 60's and the jokes still make me laugh. I am currently streaming the show on Netflix and watching all 5 seasons. Well, off I go. Even though I am relaxing, the laundry still has to be done. Always, Kit


10 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Have fun, Kit! I hope the sandwich tastes yummy and the Grizzlies WIN! Don't wait too long to show us your October decor!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your weekend sounds great! It's cooler here than it has been, with a wonderful breeze from the northwest. Not quite fall, but getting there.

Happy Autumn to you dear Kit ~ Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Liz D said...

Lots of fun plans! And yes, it's finally time to decorate for Fall! I am loving this first cold day, even tho it was a BIG surprise.

ps don t you just love the plaid and polka dot pumpkins!

lizzy

Diane said...

You just make life fun. It's just an inspiration to read your blog. Life is what you make it - right?

Thank you, Kit, for your inspiring notes and comments. I really appreciate you. Blessings, Diane

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I can't seem to sleep in anymore. Now that I'm not working, even on weekends, I'm up between 5 and 6:30 a.m. but I don't even mind. I have the whole day to do as I please and that makes me very happy indeed. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. Although the football game may have stressed you out depending on how it went. Ha!

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Kit! I have to look for the Dick Van Dyke show! Loved it when I was young and they were still re-runs then.

Your day sounds heavenly although 'sleeping in' for me is more like 10 or 11!! Stews and soups are sounding heavenly now.

I take it as support that bears aren't your bag. So many ladies felt that way...I can be strong in a lot of situations but I'm not fearless.

Happy Fall!

Jane x

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love a cozy Saturday! And I love the Dick Van Dyke show. We watch it on Netflix all the time, and it still makes me laugh--and it makes my boys laugh too. It's eternal!

frances

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I can't seem to sleep in anymore. Even on weekends, I'm up between 5 and 6:30 a.m. What's up with that? Hope you are having a good week so far.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Sounds like SO MUCH FUN, Kit! :)
Thanks for your visit over at my little blog. Wonderful knowing others who have walked this journey.
Big hugs,
Lin

Susan said...

Love your header, Kit. So pretty. That sticky cinnamon bun sounded yummy, too. Hope your weekend was totally splendid from start to finish! Susan