March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Sunday, September 13, 2015

What I am loving right now

It is a gorgeous Sunday here in the mountains. Sunshine, no sign of the horrible forest fire smoke we have had earlier in the month, and it will be warm again. I have been hauling hose today, some folks call me crazy. My hubby has asked me whether or not I would like a sprinkler system and I say no. What? I don't know, there is just something about watering that soothes my soul. It makes me get outside, I wander the beds and trim and putter and it just feels good. 


Today is the start of my Denver Bronco season! I am stoked. I lived in Wheatridge, Co (a suburb of Denver) for 5 years. And once you have lived there, I don't know how you cannot be a Bronco fan. I count the two times we won the Super Bowl with John Elway, up there with the birth of my two daughters...LOL So today, I am making my special chili feed with fixins' and my youngest will be joining my hubby and I for the game today. 


My oldest girl is on a long trip through the country for the business she works for, Aerie Back Country Medicine. She markets to all the university's and speaks about the services they offer. EMT training and training in the wilderness for people wanting to know how to take care of accidents out in the wild. So far she has journeyed down the coast of Oregon, thru California, across to Arizona, to New Mexico and to Texas, then to Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado. Along the way, she gets to play too and I love getting the texts and photos of all the places she has visited. I look forward to when she is back home again, but it does my heart good to know she is loving the time she is having on the road. 


Well, off I go. Time to move the hoses and get that chili cooking. Always, Kit

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It sounds like you are definitely enjoying yourself.

What a great job your oldest daughter has.

Enjoy the game and the chili with your youngest and your hubby.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! Go Broncos!

Diane said...

Your daughter does have an interesting job. Texting and all the technology we have now really keeps us together, doesn't it.

I think I get the hose thing. We don't have a sprinkler system and sometimes it would be nice to have it - like this summer - everything went to pot. My yard has never looked so bad. But next year God willing it will be better again. Blessings, Diane

Debbie Mitchell said...

I'm sure the chili turned out wonderful!

Blondie's Journal said...

There's something therapeutic about hearing water or controlling it. I love to take care of my lawn and garden by giving it a cool drink. Ahhhh...

So neat that your daughter is doing so well and travelling. Have her look us up if she gets to Chicago. :)

Jane x

Liz D said...

The garden vignette is adorable! And I bet your chili is amazing and deliscious!

lizzy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Nothing wrong with doing things the old fashioned way. Congratulations. I had to look it up but see that the Broncos did win their game yesterday. Your daughter is very fortunate to travel with her work and see so much of the country along the way. Have a great new week.

Susan said...

Hello Kit...So glad you are enjoying the nice weather and getting ready for fall. Glad your girl is traveling, too. Best education ever. Always love seeing your posts. Susan

Stephen said...

Sounds like it was a gorgeous Sunday. We've just come out of a stunning Spring weekend here - glad you had something similar too!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I hope you had a good football Sunday. Chili is my favorite thing about football season. That and fires in the fireplace!

frances