May

May
(internet)

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Heading out again!

On to a new adventure! Wow, it is now upon me. When I first heard that I was going to Disneyland it seemed so far away, so many events in front of it. But on Tuesday, my youngest and I will be winging our way to the Happiest Place on Earth. We are going to do it a little bit different this year. Both my daughters just got back from Comic Con in San Diego (with lots of costumes in tow)

Thor and Loki
Snow White
 and inspired by that wonderful event, Em and I are going to do a little Disney Bounding: (Disney Bounding is an alternative form of cosplay in which the participant dresses up as an iconic Disney character in casual contemporary fashion by assembling a color-coordinated outfit that is subtly evocative of the aforementioned character.) Now doesn't that sound like oodles of fun? 

What you could use to dress like the Pooh!
 I chose for my outfits, Ariel from The Little Mermaid and Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and Ellie from Up. Mainly because I have red hair and it is medium length, no way I am wearing a Tinkerbell wig in July! All about comfort for me. Plus on the plane going out, Em and I decided to wear similar colors of black, red and white ala Minnie Mouse. We will start our Bounding right here in Montana. I promise lots of photos and I promise to have a fabulous time! Always, Kit

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You two are having a GREAT time and you haven't even left yet. :-)

Looking forward to pictures.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Liz D said...

It sounds so fun! You re such a good sport, too. I ve never heard of boundarying [sp?] It will add another dimension to your fun and memories. You must have a big wardrobe of choices to wear? Or bought new things to take?

have a great time. We MUST see many photos.

lizzy

Diane said...

Have fun!!! Diane

Emily said...

You are super cool! Super, super cool! Have so much fun!

Pom Pom said...

I think you must be there right now, Disney-ing it up!

Your girls are just like you, fun and festive!