May

May
(internet)

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Having fun!

Oh what a lovely time of the year it is. The weather has been gorgeous (except for the hail storm that hit one evening, nothing too damaged) and in fact this coming week is supposed to be in the 90's! A bit early, but I'll take it. We have been busy. Celebrated my birthday, as my runner hubby says, I am in a new age group! The big 6-0! My theme this year was - get this - Breaking Bad. Yep, we had just finished the series and I was in withdrawal so my daughters whipped me up a party. It was awesome! I even had my age spelled out on top of my cake in bacon! And my family gave me another great present. Since myself and Disneyland are the same age (our Diamond Celebrations) they are sending me there in July with my youngest to celebrate. Remember those commercials? "Kit you just turned 60 years old, where are you going?" And the reply was always, "I'm going to Disneyland!" Well I am. And I couldn't be happier. :)




This weekend has been such fun and full. Yesterday we loaded up again, and off to yard sale. For two hours we buzz around and it is the perfect amount of time (we leave at 10am, no way I am waking up early...LOL) . We aren't really out there to make a killer purchase, just to have fun and if we find something, then that is great. Got myself some treasures again. A fantastic Pottery Barn clock for only a couple of bucks and it works! And as I was leaving a sale I spied this Gas Pump. A child's toy and saw all sorts of potential in my garden, with a new coat of paint. And a lovely green plate which I will use in my next birdbath. 



I love horse racing. I think in an earlier life I must have been a bookie in New York City. Oh, how I love to watch the ponies run. And so of course I was pulled up to the TV to watch the Belmont Stakes and I was hoping along with a million other folks that American Pharoah would take the Triple Crown. By the time the race was over, my cat had left the room (too much screaming for him), my throat was sore, I had knocked over my snack and I was immensely happy. What a beauty! You could just see it in his stride that he had all the confidence to pull it off. Now as a reward he gets to go and make more championship horses. :) 


Well, I am off to finish planting my flowers. I have my tunes on, and my shade hat. The bees have ignored me (thank you bees) and my yard is coming along. Always, Kit


7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Happy 60th Birthday dear Kit ~ It looks like you had a great time and I know you're going to enjoy your trip to Disney.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Susan said...

Oh Kit, happy WONDERFUL birthday! Sounds like it was a great one. You were surrounded by loved ones plus all you love! Can't be that. Do you love bacon? Hope your new year of life is fabulous! Susan

Pom Pom said...

Woo hoo! Happy birthday! How fun! You are a Disney gal!
Your plants look lovely!

Cottage Tails said...

WISHING YOU A VERY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WONDERFUL 60TH YEAR. And Disney Land whoop whoop what FUN!

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Happy Birthday-
Sounds like a great weekend <3

Liz D said...

Happy Birthday Kit! So many fun things going on. You deserve your lovely life! Your enthusiasm always makes me [us] smile. Have a wonderful year.

PS Great yard sale treasures.

lizzy

Diane said...

What day was your birthday? Mine was Saturday the 6th. Belated Happy Birthday, Kit. Diane