October

October
(internet)

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Weekend

Unheard of in this part of the country is good weather over the Memorial Day weekend. Until this year. I can't believe it. The weekend where virtually everyone goes camping (and I always thought they were crazy!) and this year, it would have been a good idea. :) Not for me tho, I prefer to use my time in the yard and enjoying other diversions. On Saturday we drove to St. Regis for the annual Flea Market. Gorgeous drive and the place was packed with people and full booths of possible treasures. I found two and a very yummy sno cone. A wonderful grass green boat and a tumbler in Vernonware (one of my patterns) that had been used as a pen holder and was only 75 cents. Gathered a few great ideas for future projects and was home by mid afternoon to work outside. 


Sunday dawned lovely and warm and I was off to the Good Food Store for bagels and organic cream cheese. I hadn't even had my coffee and hoped I wouldn't run into anyone. Of course I did. And I hope I didn't sound too stupid or did they notice I was wearing a plaid pair of shorts and a shirt in a different plaid?  But I was in a hurry. Why? Cause the start of the Indianapolis 500 was going to be starting and I didn't want to miss even one tiny bit. I just love it and watch till the very end. Way to go Juan Pablo!


Today I was up early, sipping my coffee and eating bagels at my computer. From here I can hear my fountains and smell the roses that have starting to bloom. And the birds are just having such a great time out there, I am afraid they will all have sore throats by evening. Hubby is out for a run, my flag is hung and we have no big plans for the day. Just to enjoy it. Happy Memorial Day. Always, Kit



4 comments:

  1. Love your header photo Kit!

    It sounds like you have been enjoying your holiday weekend.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sunshine! The weeds are calling me.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend, Kit! Love your new green boat. I remember going to the Indy 500 once when I was a very little girl. All I recall is loud and hot but it was exciting. [I m not sure I even nderstood what it was, but I loved it.]

    have a good weekend

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collage is beautiful. I love he purples. Diane

    ReplyDelete