April

April
(internet)

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Bloomsday 2015

For 25 years now, we have attended this huge event in Spokane, Washington. 21 years with our girls. It is a favorite weekend of mine. As my girls got older and more independent, this was a chance to have them all to myself for 2 days. :) We have our traditional places we go, we love wandering the park and I love it when we are all settled in our hotel room and we all are reading, or watching TV or sharing something on the internet and it is like the years have fallen away, and my girls are still with me in our home. I can pretend for just a little while that they never grew up.  :) Always, Kit

A giant balloon shoe, packet pickup for our runners.
Shopping and being goofy: that bathing suit is sure me....LOL, Dinner at the Olive Garden, book shopping at Auntie's, Fun items at the Boo Radley's Shop.
The whole slam damn family, my runners heading to the start, victorious with their finisher t-shirts.

5 comments:

Liz D said...

How fun! You must be so proud..of your runners and of your lovely family all. Love the swimsuit!
Happy Mother's Day, Kit

lizzy

Susan said...

Oh Kit. That sounded like a great time. Sooooo happy you could all be together. Susan

Pom Pom said...

We lived in Spokane for seven years! I'm glad you had such fun, Kit!

Emily said...

What a blast! I love Bloomsday! Next time you're in Spokane, you must make a trip out to Spokane Valley and have coffee and a pastry at The Rocket Bakery on Argonne (there are other locations, but that one is hands-down my favorite). It's my favorite place when we go visit my in-laws! I especially love to take a good book with me and curl up in a big chair by their fireplace on a rainy day. Love it!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I had to look up exactly what Bloomsday was and now I know. :) I don't run, but I could definitely do 7 miles of walking. Just came back from a 7 kms walk which is close to 4.5 miles. Looks like ya'll had a very fun weekend. best wishes, Tammy