December

December
(internet)

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Clean-up

I have officially started my yard work fun for the year. I am amazed at the turn our weather has taken. Days filled with sun, with temps in the high 60's. My allergies can attest to the trees bursting out in buds and the grass beginning to grow. Dandelions are in abundance, and I am already shushing lost wasps out of my garden shed. :) 

Holly Hobbie!
Hubby bought me a new leaf blower and I blew leaves out of my bushes to my hearts content. So satisfying. Fired up the mower ("starts on one pull", says the manufacture) and it did! The front is looking good. Today the back yard is my project. Mowing, and trimming. And cleaning and fussing. Once I get that done, out will come the yard art. 

Holly Hobbie
I love my pretty things about me. I can't seem to stop collecting items to hang on my fence or prop up in my beds. And every time I read a blog, I get another great idea I have to act on.Well, off I go. Break is over and it is time to get moving. Always, Kit


6 comments:

  1. You must be missing this nasty little cold wind. I bet your yard is so cute when you get everything out. I love Holly Hobby, too. Have fun, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband gives you the *best* gifts! A toilet and now a leafblower. We need to clone him.

    Windchills here tonight on the oceanfront are in the 30s! brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture you enjoying the sweet loveliness of your place, and setting up your garden art.

    Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good little worker bee, Kit! Gardens are so fun! I'd love to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazingly busy, Kit, but it's so fun to get in gear in the spring. My allergies are terrible this year, too, and it's always from the new buds on the tree and the wind. Have you thought of using one of those little disposable filtering masks that you can find at Home Depot and the like? I use them when cleaning out the basement or attic or the spring cleaning at the lake. Sunglasses are great outdoors for shielding the eye-itching stuff from getting in and then getting absorbed into your whole system.

    So happy for you and your accomplishments. We have cold and rain predicted for the next two weeks. :(

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kit...I know what you mean about collecting things for the yard, fence, etc.

    So glad spring has sprung and I can't wait to get flowers started, etc.

    Thanks so much for your visit. Susan

    ReplyDelete