June

June

Saturday, April 11, 2015

An April-y Day

No matter what that Groundhog said in February, Spring has come early to Montana. We still may get a stray snow storm, that is a given in this type of country, but Spring is here in all her glory. The trees about town are budding out. Everywhere you look, you can make out a light green fuzziness. Usually this doesn't happen until the beginning of May and I like it! About this time of year, I am starved for green. With the sprinkles today and current warmth, everything should really begin to pop.


We had a lovely holiday. Kept simple and fun. My youngest and I go to church, all dressed up in our Easter finery. I love to see the children who come all dressed up in their Easter best, and the elderly ladies and gents in large brooches and lavender suits. I told my Em, when I am that age, I want to wear a pastel suit. We sang, and prayed and took communion. When we got back to our pew, someone had left an Easter egg with 2 kisses on Em's seat. :)


The girls arrived later in the day and the baskets were brought out and exclaims were made. My hubby mentioned later, he loves to watch their faces upon reveal, because the look is always the same. Whether they are toddlers or in their 30's, they are soooo excited!


 
Dinner was wonderful! And easy. Which makes it even more wonderful...LOL Roasted chicken and sides. And I was quite proud of myself, I even baked my own cupcakes. Everyone helps get it on the table and helps with clean-up, so old Mom doesn't collapse. The night was spent playing games and chatting and I laughed so hard my insides hurt. I cherish these times, since with busy lives they are not as often as we would like.


We took our group photo featuring the great sunglasses that the girls had tucked into our homemade baskets (see above) and the evening ended with lots of kisses and hugs. What a perfect Easter! Always, Kit

8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I miss true green all the time. The green here just isn't the same and is in small quantity. Plus, we've had dust for days now and that makes everything very, very blah. Fun times! Love that picture of ya'll with the glasses. Cute! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Tammy

Diane said...

You and your family have so much fun. It takes someone making it happen, though, and I know who it is. I'm glad you had a wonderful Easter. Hugs, Diane

Cottage Tails said...

Your family traditions always make me beam.

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, Kit,
Your Easter celebration sounds perfect. I loved your photos.

Enjoy the spring weather...

Take care, ~Natalie

Susan said...

Hello Kit....Your Easter sounded great. Everything looked wonderful. You made it very, very special. Take care and have a super Sunday! Susan

oldgreymareprimitives said...

You are so blessed <3

Liz D said...

Thank you for showing your egg tree, so perfectly springtime. Lovely table, yummy menu--and your beautiful girls: a perfect day. Such joy in your world, it makes me smile.

Pom Pom said...

Wonderful! Keep spoiling those lovely young women, Kit! You're good at it. Smile.
Sending blessings your way!