March 22, 1978

March 22, 1978
(internet)

Saturday, March 21, 2015

This and That

Well, here we are almost to the end of March. Wow! I swear I was just thinking that ours came in like a lamb and now I am wondering how it will go out.  Spring is definitely here. Lots of swelling buds, and flowers coming up and mild rain. Had a bout of Bronchitis, haven't had that since my days in college. But thank heavens for antibiotics and lots of great shows to watch. Finished Downton Abbey, watched some Larkrise and my fav movie at this time of the year, The Quiet Man. Do you know I was very surprised when I mentioned this movie to some friends and they had never heard of it. Really? But I was quite content to snuggle under my "Grandma Blanket", sip a brew and relish the Emerald Isle. 



First jaunt out was a road trip to Anaconda for their annual St. Pats Race. Lovely countryside with early calves and lots of geese, and the hills look like tan velvet. Hubby does the running and I do all the watching. I got the car situated where I could watch the event and not be out in the elements. Everyone gets into this race. There were poodles in scarves, many many green tutus, and babies in knitted leprechauns hats with beards! Those tickled me to no end. :)

Buses taking the runners to the start. I just love a school bus parade!
There's hubby, #659 heading to the finish!





Played leprechaun for my girls. Searched for any product with green coloring and that ended up in the gift bags. I get a kick out of sneaking into their house and leaving the gifts on their counter for them to find when they come home. To this day, they get soooo excited! Does my heart good.

Stuff, minus the new slippers which were already on her feet.

My Irish lasses at the St. Patty's Parade.
Well, off I go. I have a new book I want to start and I see that it is raining, so my tree pruning has been put on hold. Happy Spring! Always, Kit

8 comments:

Cottage Tails said...

your seasonal celebrations looks such fun - wonderful traditions.

Pom Pom said...

Cute girls! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Diane said...

Wheather it ends like a lion or a lamb there's no doubt in my mind that you will make a celebration or ritual of it. I love the fun you have. Diane

Diane said...

Whether March leaves like a lion or a lamb I have no doubt that you'll make a celebration out of it. You make such fun. Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

Kit...it's so good to visit...your blog makes me feel good! I love that you spoil your girls on St. Paddy's Day. I try to find little excuses as well to make mine feel loved and bring back those good memories. Why should it slow down now? Your daughters are beautiful by the way!

What a great parade! We have a huge one here, too and we had gorgeous weather for it.

Thanks so much for your nice, encouraging comments. So much going on lately. Hope to get by more often.

Jane xxxx

Liz D said...

How fun! I love the idea of a green leprechaun basket. And the dogs [and ladies] in their tutus are adorable. Broavo to your hubby for doing the run!

Susan said...

Oh Kit, you are such a wonderful Mama. Your girls must just LOVE getting their treats. The parade looks fun, too. Thanks for sharing with us. Susan

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Glad you are feeling better. Looks like a fun St. Patty's Day. Not sure if I've ever heard of The Quiet Man either but then I'm not good at remembering names of anything. I used to love watching old movies and sitcoms. Now I don't watch tv at all and about the only time I see movies is on ab airplane. :) Have a super Sunday. Tammy