June

June

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Well, I could make up a story about being in Ft. Lauderdale where I am partying hard and running amok on the beach, but I don't think I could carry it off...LOL  My days of running amok are over I am afraid. But I have a good time in my own way. My idea of a fun day (Saturday) is going out to lunch with my oldest girl where we chatted and laughed and enjoyed the Club. My fruit salad was yummy and the coffee hot. We ran to Best Buy where my girl (who is savvy in all things electronic) picked out a Amazon Firestick to stream TV in my craft room. And later hubby installed it and it is great! I didn't want to have to deal with cable and really, what is on TV is pretty horrible anyway. Not all but most. So now I can find a movie or a show and not deal with commercials or nasty reality TV.


So for Spring Break what am I doing? Here is the list I have right now:
  • Day #1  Sleep in! Lunch out. Firestick. Watch the movie, Whiplash (JK Simmons is an old friend from my days doing musicals) Laundry, lots of laundry.
  • Day #2  Sleep in! Headache from too much wine last night. Movie was great, JK was scary! Drink lots of coffee. Do small chores. Enjoy sun in garden. Watch Nascar with pastries and more coffee. Clean and organize the filing cabinet. Look for tax stuff. Yep, didn't do them yet.
  • Day #3  Can't sleep in. :( Have to go and have my annual labs done at the hospital. I don't mind, it means I can have my yearly splurge at McDonald's afterward. Hopefully the installer for my new commode, will call and tell me he can install on Wed. Some Easter shopping is in order at the World Market. 
  • Day #4  Sleep in, sort of. Oh this day will be fun. I get to get my annual Mammogram. I always figure my visit gives the lab techs a lot to talk about later....LOL  My ladies are big! But they are mine and they are healthy and that is all that matters. Some grocery shopping for Easter dinner. Have to decorate the house for Easter.
  • Day #5  Probably woken very early by the installer. Hoping it goes well with no glitches (dry rot? broken tiles? Won't fit?) Can I hold it until he gets done? Or do I have to use the creepy toilet in the basement by the sewer pipe? Ewwww. Will have to keep busy in the house. Probably playing games on the computer and not drinking anything. 
  • Day #6  Can't sleep in.  Run off to Couer d' Alene, Idaho with hubby to antique shop. More like sitting in the car for 7 hours looking out the window and 2 hours shopping. But I like both and it helps with cabin fever. Plus I usually find some quirky item, I just have to have. 
  • Day#7  Definitely sleeping in. Tie up all the loose ends that I didn't get to. Hopefully see youngest daughter who is just back from San Francisco. Do egg tree in yard. Chicken and Survivor night.
  • Day #8  Will wake pretty early, since I am all rested up. Have to run into work to thaw frozen items and decorate for Easter for the students. Lots of bunnies. Prepare food for Easter Sunday. Finish baskets for girls. Yep, they still get an Easter Basket and always will. Will watch Fury and not drink any wine!
  • Day #9  Up and running! It is Easter Sunday. Lots to do. Hope the weather is great. Family will get together late afternoon. Yummy food, baskets, and games. Maybe an egg hunt if the weather behaves. All of us together is all I need. :) Always, Kit


8 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like a good plan (except the headache!) Hope you have a great spring break. Diane

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kit! I hope you have a great break!

Blue Bear Montana said...

Your list sounds great! :) Especially the parts about seeing me and getting baskets together! Did I read 'egg hunt???' LOL!

Liz D said...

You have so much going on! New toilet! Egg tree! Easter baskets! You ll need a rest after this ''spring break".

Jody and Stan said...

Sounds like a busy and fun Spring break! New Follower.
Hugs,
Jody

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ha-ha! I laughed about the creepy toilet. :) Sounds like you certainly have a plan. I am enjoying having time to spend with friends and going to new places around town. Unfortunately we have dust which has interfered with my walking. Hope it clears soon. Have a great week. Tammy

Susan said...

Hello Kit...Enjoyed your post. Hope all your plans come to fruition this week! Also thanks for your visits. Love them. Susan

Blondie's Journal said...

What a wonderful post! Don't you love sleeping in? I don't call it "sleeping in" as much as "hate waking up"!! And the 7 hour drive...shoot me, although I do love a good shopping.

Abby is on her spring break, too. Totally loving it!

Thanks for your visit..it perked me up! :)

Jane xxx