April

April
(internet)

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Start of Christmas Vacation!

And it is a lovely long one. :) We lucked out and the calendar was our friend this year. I have begun it by having 2 cups of tea and some butter cookies. And of course, I slept in. Yay! I have been looking back over the season and it has been lovely. The tree trimming was fun and of course the tree is the best it has ever looked (I say that each year) with the help of my elves. 




I love planning surprises, and this year when I saw that my daughter's fav jewelry store was having their annual sale, I had to arrange a date to go shopping. We had such a great time and came away with some sparklies and some great Mother-Daughter time. :)


The latest surprise that I sneakily dropped off at my girls home was, The Week Before Christmas Survival Kit! When they were little they would get so excited that I had to come up with ways to entertain and distract them...LOL  So this year, I put together a bag full of treats and fun. Little Golden books, cocoa, Christmas mug, candy, crackers, popcorn, a banner kit craft, fruit and nuts. Such fun! They always wait for each other to open them, so they can enjoy it together. I love that.

To celebrate my last day of work, hubby and I got take-out and watched one of our favorite Christmas movies. Okay, so it isn't very conventional, but I just love it! If you love the Die Hard movies, you will love this. 


 So what is up next? Well, tomorrow is our annual dinner out and light tour of our lovely city. We load the girls up in the back of the Jeep, armed with candy canes and a full belly. I pop in the tunes and off we go. Where we sing, chat and laugh all over the town. We oooo and ahhh over certain houses and wonder about some of the questionable ones....LOL  As I drive, I look in the mirror to the backseat and see those two lovely faces, just like the ones that were there every year since they were born. And I think how wonderful, they still want to go with us....LOL  Great tradition! 


Well, I am off. Roger Whitaker is singing to me and cookies need to be baked. Hubby is off to shop and I have a few more surprises up my sleeve. Happy Holidays! Always, Kit





6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a happy post! Your tree looks wonderful and your home, you and girls are lovely and your husband handsome.

Continue to have a wonderful Christmas week and enjoy your vacation.

FlowerLady

oldgreymareprimitives said...

A merry merry to you and yours <3

Pom Pom said...

How fun! I love your tree!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your family sure knows how to have fun. I have very fond memories growing up of getting in the car with my Mammaw and family so that we could take in the holiday lights around the fancy part of town. :) Glad to hear your big girls still enjoy doing that with you. We are on Winter Break until January 4th, which just happens to be my husband's birthday and the day my oldest boy arrives from the States. Next year I won't be working and am so looking forward to that. Best wishes, Tammy

Liz D said...

Your tree is beautiful and your girls are lovely. Sounds like they are lovely inside and out, too...what a joy for you especially at Christmas. Your pre Christmas package is the best idea! When my kids were smaller I made a special advent tree that hung on the front inside door. And I d fill the pockets with tiny surprises, some old some new. It kind of served the same purpose.....

Merry Christmas Kit!

love

lizzy at the beach

Diane said...

I'm always amazed at you and your family. You just have fun. That's so great! Merry Christmas to all of you, from your neighbor and friend to the south....east. Diane