August

August

Monday, December 22, 2014

Coffee Break!

Just got in from some last minute shopping. Only a few odds and ends. It actually felt good to wander about the stores with not a trace of frenzy. So I shall sit here awhile and play a few games while I sip my coffee and indulge in a Russian Tea Cake or two.



Then I must start the filling of  the stockings! My girls still get a stocking all filled with what grown-up girls want and need. They still delight in finding the strange items I have found over the year. My favorite part is finding items that will make them smile and tug at their heart strings. It makes the holiday for me. One thing we all try and remember, are the stories that go with what we have found. And I have a couple this year from members of Ebay. They were my own personal Christmas elves. :)


The neighbor cat sure looks cozy. She has adopted us for the times that her family is not home. We do not mind at all. We feed her, let her sleep and give her free rein. Her name is Bessie. And she keeps me company while my 14 year old cat does alot of sleeping. 


Break is over and I must fly! I hope everyone's plans are going the way they should. Tomorrow I start cooking, so I better get going. Always, Kit

4 comments:

Liz D said...

You sound so happy and excited! I like the idea of finding stocking fillings all year long, I am going to try to do that. My kids still love their stockings so I know they ll appreciate better quality fillings next year [or so I hope.] Your home looks adorable, so inviting---as Bessie must agree.

love

lizzy

Pom Pom said...

I love your house, Kit! Merry Christmas!

Susan said...

Hi Kit. Thanks for your visits. Love them. I can tell you love Christmas as much as I do! Ha! Our families are lucky, aren't they? Hope yours sparkles. Susan

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything looks very festive and cozy at your place. Sweet kitty that fits right in. Love that. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy