May

May
(internet)

Sunday, November 16, 2014

With the Onset of Cold Weather

I can't help but think of the upcoming holidays. I've got my lists, my little black book (that holds all my deepest Christmas secrets), my favorite web sites to shop at (Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, Swish Colony) and my stash area for all the things that are coming in the mail. Even tho I know what will be arriving, I still get so excited when I see an item arrive. It is so hard for me to wait to give it to the person it is intended for. :)



Tonight my youngest and I kick off the holiday season with our annual "Christmas Program". Each year we pick something new and different to celebrate the season. We have seen the Nutcracker, multiple times, A Christmas Carol, in many different versions, the White Christmas Sing-a-long, and various other forms of entertainment. This year's pick is Cirque Dreams Holidaze! It is the National tour and we are lucky that it is coming to our town. I can't wait! This should get even the most cranky folks in town thinking about sugar plums and Christmas trees. Always, Kit





7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Kit....So much fun to go to holiday events. I've determined to really make it to some this year, instead of spending most of my time in the kitchen. ha! Susan

Pom Pom said...

Hi dear Kit! Oh, you're getting all geared up! I can tell! I bet the show will be lovely! Tell us all about it!

Liz D said...

What a fun tradition! And here I was just thinking how fun it d be to take the no-longer-babies to see the Rockettes again. Maybe?

Diane said...

Christmas kind of sneaks up on you like that. I kind of work towards it for several months. Thanks for the happy post. Diane

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I know you and your daughter are going to have great fun. You have always made holidays extra special and wonderful.

FlowerLady

Julie Marie said...

Hello Kit... have a wonderful time!... love the way you and your girls kick off the holiday Season... and like you, I get so excited when the mailman or UPS guy bring packages!... and often I cannot wait and I end up giving them right away, especially to my nieces... have fun getting all ready for the most beautiful Season!... xoxo... Julie Marie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Ordering and receiving parcels by mail used to be so much fun. I don't do it here as shipping costs way too much. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving week. Tammy