December

December
(internet)

Monday, September 29, 2014

Homecoming Parade 2014

This is quite the event in our town. No matter the weather (one year the temps were below freezing!) we still all turned out to watch and cheer. As the parade snakes down Higgins and on to University, the mood is so high. The kids are excited for the candy and to see Monte our U of M mascot. The adults are snapping pics of their children on various floats and of course all the politicians are doing what politicians do. What do they do!?...LOL It was a bit cloudy this year but luckily no rain. I got the best surprise at the parade! I was sitting in my chair when I hear a voice say behind me, "Is there room for us to squeeze in?!" At first I was about to turn around and say in my nice voice, "I'm sorry, there isn't." (I have an issue with folks who show up right at parade time and expect the rest of us to ruin our view for them) But when I turned, it was my girls, my babies, who had flew in at Midnight from their Cambodia trip to surprise me. And they did. Lots of hugs and kisses happened and we spent the parade hearing all the stories. It was so good to see them and to have them at the parade with us. :) It was a fun time and later hubby and I would don our Griz finery and head to the game with 26,000 other avid fans. We beat Northern Colorado and the mood was festive and fun. A perfect day with a perfect start. :) Always, Kit

The girls in their maroon and silver, students from my school, a funny Am-Brew-Lance, the Willard Float and it won 1st place in the school category.

I am certainly bundled up!, The Hubby, my designer bracelet I had ordered and it is lovely, my fav band, the Alumni Band.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kit, it all looked so awesome. And what a surprise to see your girls! That must have been the icing on the cake of a perfect day. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! A wonderful parade, such a sweet surprise and an exciting game. Wish I had been there. I can feel the excitement in your post and pictures!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so fun! I love traditions, like parades and college football. And your girls came home just in time! Then your team won...perfect day for sure.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very fun day! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a parade. I think it has much to do with the band. I get so excited when I hear one! We are lucky enough to be able to hear the band practicing and also playing at the high school for Friday night football games!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would Northern Colorado be UNC at Greeley? My son wanted to transfer there but then decided to stay put for now. We visited the campus and a few others during the summer - he actually liked Fort Collins the best. Not sure if he will transfer after this year or not. How fun for your girls to surprise you like that. Hope you are having a lovely Sunday. Tammy

    ReplyDelete