August

August

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"So they loaded up the car and they drove to Beverly. Hills that is...."

Swimming pools, movie stars. Well, we didn't see any stars, but we had a wonderful time. The last time we went to Cally, we got to Rodeo Drive a little too late to shop, but we had fun window shopping. This time, I had a surprise up my sleeve. More later. But first, I have to admit something. I would like to say that when I watch TV, I only watch PBS and only use my cable for the music channels but....I have a guilty pleasure. I watch The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yes, it is true. I must say I get a kick out of all the parties they go to and "how they live" with money and status and botox. I would never want to live like that, but I like to peek over the fence now and again. Sooo, when we needed a place to eat lunch, Em searched out the restaurant of Lisa Vanderpump, Villa Blanca and found it! And we got in and it was lovely.  I felt like such a celebrity sitting there amongst the pearls and suits. And I had the crab and lobster salad and it was great. On the way to the restaurant we passed another housewives business, Kyle. A lovely dress shop. :)

On to Rodeo Drive. First stop, the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Such a lovely place and they let you come in and wander around snapping pics. So friendly. And of course you can't help thinking of the movie, Pretty Woman. Our first store was Tiffany and Co. Em and I started browsing but little did she know, I was looking for a particular item. I had done my homework and knew they sold a lovely heart shaped charm necklace that said, "please return to Tiffanys". She knew something was up when I motioned to a clerk that I needed to see something in the case. Oh my, did Em get excited. She couldn't believe it! We both got matching necklaces and they wrapped them up in the iconic baby blue box with white ribbon and the matching little blue bag. As I told my girl, everyone should get a little blue bag at least once in their life. And everyone should be able to see that look of surprise and delight on a daughter's face. 

We wandered the stores; Prada, Armani, Jimmy Choo, Michael Kors and marveled at the items. Wow! We saw expensive cars; a Bugati! Lots of flowers and many tourists. It was a treat to see how the other side lives, and we could pretend for a little bit with our little blue bag dangling from our fingertips. :) Always, Kit 

(Villa Blanca. Me pretending to be the elite...LOL. Santa Monica Blvd. and yes I sang the song and drove Em crazy. Kyle's dress shop. The road that leads to the Hollywood sign. Beverly Hills!)

(We are smiling cause we love Tiffany's. Ready to strut our stuff. The iconic steps. A Bugati!  Lots of flowers. Ta da, I am here.)

(Lovelier than any star. Beverly Wilshire. Prada shoes. Jewelry store in the hotel. What a great clothing line. Look! I am sitting in Prada!)


5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great trip!! I would definitely make this the first thing I did if I ever got to L.A. again!! The jewelry for each of you was such a lovely idea! The pictures just fantastic!! What a great Mother/Daughter thing to do! And Kit...I love all of those Real Housewives shows. Who wants to see a show about the everyday ins and outs of a middle class housewife?!! My new addiction is The Ladies Of London. So neat...a whole different culture so it's quite interesting as well as decadent and silly!! :)

Jane xx

Pom Pom said...

Ha ha! It sounds like you had every ounce of fun possible, Kit! Cute photos!

Diane said...

What a lovely trip for you and your daughter! Diane

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You two certainly had a fabulous time together. I smiled at your tale of Tiffany's and might have had a little tear in the corner of my eye. :) Glad you had such a wonderful mother-daughter adventure. Best wishes, Tammy

Cottage Tails said...

ooh ooh like total wow...your an awesome awesome mum!